Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 02:47 AM

More Storms in the Midwest

There was a horrible batch of tornadoes that struck my home town of St. Louis, Missouri yesterday. Unbelievably nobody was killed. The tornado, packing 170 mph winds, tore the roof off one of the biggest international airports in the world, Lambert Field. They claim it's the worst storm to hit that town in 40 years.

There have been 550 tornadoes in the U.S. Just in the month of April with more severe storms on their way. I need to contact my brother & his wife to make sure they're alright. They live on their farm just across the Mississippi river from St. Louis. I'll let you know if they made it through alright.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 03:59 AM

Re: More Storms in the Midwest

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
There have been 550 tornadoes in the U.S. Just in the month of April with more severe storms on their way.
That's really frightening. I hope all is well with your brother and his wife.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 07:51 AM

We've been watching this on the news Bob, unbelievably frightening. Best wishes for all but particularly your brother and his wife, I hope all is well with them...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 09:34 AM

That must be so frightening, Bob, I do hope your brother and his wife are safe.....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 11:03 AM

I sent them an email last night but have no idea how long it will take for them to respond. I tried calling but they must have changed their phone number as the operator said the old one has been disconnected. I asked for any new one in the email.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Thank God nobody was killed Bob, hope your Brother and his Wife are OK, I'm sure they will be and you'll let us know.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top