Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:04 PM

School run

What better time to open a thread than to be sitting in my car waiting for the school to throw out the little ones?

Do you collect your grandkids from school?

Do you see any strange sights like the old woman I've just seen in a bright green onesie lol!?

Does the parking get you down?

Etc.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:23 PM

Re: School run

I collect our wee yin from school three afternoons a week and it is surprising just how many grandparents do so.

Fortunately her school is a three minute walk round the corner from where we live but parking is horrendous and it is frightening to see how some drivers have little disregard for the school requests prohibiting parking in specific areas.

On the plus side, I just love seeing their wee faces light up when they spot whoever has come to collect them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Our children had to walk to and from school themselves, just as I did when young.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Our children had to walk to and from school themselves, just as I did when young.
It's rather different in these times though, Tara.
I wouldn't let a child of primary school age walk alone anywhere outside of their house.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's rather different in these times though, Tara.
I wouldn't let a child of primary school age walk alone anywhere outside of their house.
I know what you mean Floydy, but I think it is really sad that some evil people in society are preventing kids from having the pleasure of walking home with friends. I used to love it!
In times of need I used to pick my friends children up, but I had to give a password before they would let me take them from school.
The school is less than 2 minutes walk from my house and the school knew that they kept their horses at my place, but they didn't dare let me have them if I couldn't give the password.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Me too ... I remember it well. At 7 years running across to dodge the barriers closing at the railway crossing and playing in the old abandoned waiting rooms on the way home.
I'd have been embarrassed for me mum to walk me to school and a kiss at the gates ...argh! I'd have shrivelled up and vanished down a crack in the pavement.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What better time to open a thread than to be sitting in my car waiting for the school to throw out the little ones?

Do you collect your grandkids from school?

Do you see any strange sights like the old woman I've just seen in a bright green onesie lol!?
Does the parking get you down?

Etc.
What a beautiful day for going up to her and asking 'Are ya gonna Bingo?'
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:18 PM

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone out and about in daylight in a onesie ... they must be very brave.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:23 PM

We had to catch a bus home from school but we used to walk and keep the bus fare.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I can honestly say I've never seen anyone out and about in daylight in a onesie ... they must be very brave.
I have seen quite a number of men and women out in onesies, outside school gates and in the supermarket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top