Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Another Scam - Beware

I heard of this one today:

TV Providers Discount Fraud

The National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) have noticed an increase in Action Fraud reports where fraudsters are offering a discount on Television service provider subscriptions. Fraudsters are cold-calling victims, purporting to be from a Television (TV) provider offering a discount on their monthly subscription. Victims have been told the following: their subscription needs to be renewed; that part or all, of the TV equipment has expired and they are due an upgrade on the equipment/subscription. In order to falsely process the discount, the fraudster asks victims to confirm or provide their bank account details. The scammers may also request the victim’s identification documents, such as scanned copies of passports.

The fraudsters are using the following telephone numbers: “08447111444”, “02035190197” and “08001514141”. The fraudster’s voices are reported to sound feminine and have an Asian accent.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Re: Another Scam - Beware

Hi

Far too many scammers out there.

It is one area where I think the Government could do far more.

We have GCHQ, easy to trace the number and voice recognition and block them immediately.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:09 AM

OMG thanks Mupsy.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Thanks mups . It's scary isn't it . I'm scared to answer the phone from some unknown callers as I've heard that a certain number will call and if it's answered it puts a charge onto your phone bill . We live in a frightening world now
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Thanks mups . It's scary isn't it . I'm scared to answer the phone from some unknown callers as I've heard that a certain number will call and if it's answered it puts a charge onto your phone bill . We live in a frightening world now

I know what you mean susan, it's all wrong we should be made to feel like this isn't it.
If they're not on the phone they're at the door.
I've got one of those no cold caller signs on the door, but they totally ignore it.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:52 AM

I never answer my phone, I always let the ansaphone get it then decide if I want to reply or not.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 11:41 AM

I frequently get scam calls on my mob but luckily these can be blocked in future.
I got one from +88216901317 yesterday, the phone rang twice then stopped. A quick visit to the Whocallsme website informed me that the number originates in Bangladesh and several people got the call at the same time as me. (Obviously a auto-dialler). The main response was DO NOT call this number back (as some would), they claim to be a finance company who want to managed your finances. Yeah, right.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 11:26 PM

It is scam time again.

Today i have been authourised to recieve £10,5000.000.00
for IRB revenue Bureau PO Box 70 Hicksville NY 11802 USA

Please send £30.00 processing fee payable to UKPMS

Also from Fairmount Wealth Resources£3,951.682.00 is waiting for me. Please send £35.00 by card to William Knight. Release Director

Sadly many do send money beleiving it to be true
Some are quite intellegent as the retired Solicitor who sent more than £1.000.00 before his family found out and stopped any further payments

I though this scam was illegaI?
I have posted them to the Fraud Squad UK & USA

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top