Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Easter Day

Dull and overcast today. We are awaiting the arrival of our daughters and our grandkids over for lunch and I was hoping to eat out on the patio but hey, best laid plans and all that.... it will be a great day anyway, always nice to see them all.

Try to have a great day yourselves, Happy Easter to you all..

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 09:50 AM

Re: Easter Day

Good morning Barry and those who follow.

It's a lot cooler today but the sun is just beginning to break through the clouds.

I'm off to the theatre this afternoon and then back to my daughters where SIL will be in charge of the barbecue.

Happy Easter to you all!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 12:41 PM

Happy Easter all. It's 4:38AM and it's raining outside. There won't be any egg hunts today. Since I'm new at my church I have no idea what to expect from the service today. I know I'll be early as usual and that my seat somewhere in the front row will most likely be available. I'm carrying my camera as usual. I never use a flash so I'm in stealth mode.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 04:50 PM

Happy Easter, all! A glorious day here: yesterday morning was 10 C, his morning it's 22 C (71 F), and brilliant sunshine; one thing about Washington weather... it's changeable! This is lovely. Hope all are enjoying his/her day, and the holiday tomorrow too! :F
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 06:03 PM

Happy Easter everybody, hope you're all enjoying the holiday, take care.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Another very hot day here in Dorset, the Easter egg hunt was brilliant, I work very hard on this for weeks ahead making birds nests with choc eggs and chicks in to hide in the bushes, loads more. All five grandkids took their treats to the den they made at the bottom of the garden last week. My husband smoked us out with the barbeque and so we got the paddling pool out to wash them down and get rid of the stinky smoke, including Dizzy the dog.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm glad all your hard work paid off Maryl, sounds like everyone had a great time. The kids are lucky to have you for their Granny and they will remember you all their lives, like I remember my dear Grandmother, she loved kids and a good laugh. Well done.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 09:02 PM

Do you think so Jim? Thank you, I never thought of it like that, I just want to see them happy, they're not little for long are they?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2011, 09:35 PM

I think jemflux is right, maryl; I have loving memories of my grandmother to this day ... helping make jam, feeding the chickens, learning how to pick potato bugs in a jar of kerosene .... actually leaning things, but it was fun helping her; didn't think of it as work at all, just doing things I enjoyed together.
Neil K
Mansfield,UK
Neil K is male 

24-04-2011, 10:07 PM

Just got in after a 360-mile round trip to Mendips Raceway nr. Weston-Super-Mare, been really hot, trouble was I forgot to pack the sun cream,burnt arms and face as a result,ouch!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top