Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:20 AM

is this cheating the viewer?

same picture with the two people removed.

which do you prefer?Another view of bateman house
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:24 AM

Re: is this cheating the viewer?

I prefer the true picture, the first one ...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I prefer the true picture, the first one ...

Can I ask why Mags? surely the house is the subject of the picture not the people looking at it. ?

It will be interesting to read which other members like.

My guess is it is because there is a point of interest why you prefer it. the main person in the shot.

Just one thing to notice, I deliberately had a tree just showing on the right hand side as a stop to picture, like being at the end of a line in a book

The eye sees a picture from left to right hence it needs an ending
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 04:44 AM

I like the house picture without the people in it.
Reason? Because I find the people a distraction from viewing this gorgeous home.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 05:30 AM

People add a sense of scale
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 06:20 AM

I prefer the one without the people - so my focus is on the beautiful house.

Can appreciate that people do sometimes add a splash of colour - as in the man in the red shirt against the grey stone - but that in itself can distract.

Dobra - there are other things in the photo to give a sense of scale - such as the benches, the green door and, on the right, the gateway and the boundary wall.

Realist - I would love to know how to do that !
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:57 AM

I don't get why it's cheating, but personally I prefer not to see people and enjoy the beautiful house and grounds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:31 AM

I suppose it depends on the reason for viewing the picture. If it was a picture in the Bateman House brochure, I would prefer the second one without the distraction, if I knew the person in the shot, then I would prefer the first.
If this photograph survived for the next 200 years then showing a person would have some historical interest, such as what clothes they are wearing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-04-2018, 08:32 AM

Silver Tabby

Actually I posted it not Realist. You can easily tell the difference as I am the good looking one.

What I used was Adobe Elements 14 . In that editing program are "brushes" to remove objects and incorporate the surroundings in the space left.

Editing can be a two edged sword. Over editing can ruin a photo and an unedited photo doesn't do it justice.

Eccles I wrote "cheating" because it is not exactly what the camera saw at the time with the people removed.

The different opinions so far are interesting in what people perceive to be the better picture
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Silver Tabby

Actually I posted it not Realist. You can easily tell the difference as I am the good looking one.
Ooops - sorry, Realspeed!

What I used was Adobe Elements 14 . In that editing program are "brushes" to remove objects and incorporate the surroundings in the space left.
Thank you - I need to spend more time in there - and learn to steady my hand !

The different opinions so far are interesting in what people perceive to be the better picture
May we know which of the two you prefer?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top