Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 07:24 AM

Terrific Thursday

Hello all and sundry from the depths of Sherwood, where this morning hound will be walked for an hour before I start the major task of the day, which mainly involves dusting and cleaning prior to our weekend guests arriving tomorrow.

Have a terrific day everyone and enjoy the long weekend...

Barry

P.S. Antibrown, if you're out there then come home, all is forgiven....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Re: Terrific Thursday

Off to
Aberystwyth tp pick up my new specs. Fingers crossed as its been a total nightmare!! Had the original eye test a month ago but when the glasses were ready I couldn't see a thing out the right eye!! I had a close pair and a distance pair and it was driving me scatty as apart from the fact I couldnt see properly I got sick of carting another pair about and forever taking them on & off lol. Anyway a retest Monday last showed a totally different prescription and after much debate and conflab it was resolved... never get your eyes tested when you have hayfever as te cornea swells and the weepy tears make another lens effect therefore the test is totally innacurate!!! Have dumped the stupid 2 pairs thing and have 1 pair for everything and a pair of prescription sunglasses yippee.. off to get them now
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Good morning to the early risers this fine day. I'm looking forward to more sunshine and dry weather today. It's supposed to end Easter Sunday but I'll take what I can get this time of the year.

Cassie, I certainly can sympathize with your situation. I'm a diabetic who needs to get his eyes checked twice a year. My last exam, three months ago, was so bad that the optician said I needed to straighten out my blood sugar before he would check them again. No need wasting money as my diabetes affects my vision greatly.

Since getting on this low carbohydrate diet I've managed to control my blood sugar nicely and can now see again out of my existing prescription. Glasses are expensive and with me having no medical insurance I can't afford glasses right now. I'd rather eat my way to good health.
james
London, UK
james is male  james has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Too nice a day to be doing owt but enjoy the sun. Bit of yoga later on though

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Hi to OFF'ers everywhere!

Another glorious day here, suppose to reach 24º this afternoon.

We have out grandchildren here today so it's fun and games for all!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Ooooooooh I can see again!!!!!!!! And prescription sunglasses are sooooo much easier lol
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 03:08 PM

I have a pair of Transitions lenses that turn to sunglasses & back by themselves. I love them.
Cassie
West Wales

21-04-2011, 03:33 PM

I didn't want what we call reactor lights as they're too slow to change back to normal where I live.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 04:13 PM

Back to seasonable weather today after the glorious taste of Summer Wednesday: currently 18 C (48 F). cloudy and a bit windy. Will be late coming on this afternoon: going to look at a studio apartment at a senior retirement complex near by. I hope I like it; the location is good, and it has a kitchen; so many retirement places don't; they expect you to eat with them .....

I have transition lenses also, love them! I only need glasses for distance; when I had my cataract surgeries I had my eyes adjusted for sharp near vision.

AB, you are missed......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2011, 09:35 PM

Eileen, hope your viewing went well and that its to your liking....

AB you're definitely missed.....

Had a 'doing nothing' day today...this morning my Niece and her two boys came to visit. It was lovely to see them again, and we spent all morning in the garden-they go back to Germany on Monday. After dinner I spent rest of day in garden again, weeding and then sitting reading a book-total relaxation!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top