Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Has anyone had any issues with online grocery shopping?

I placed my order with Tesco a couple of days ago - it arrives tomorrow between 4 and 5.

Browsing my order today I noticed that 3 items were no longer available, so I amended it.

I notice that Tesco has ringfenced £2 from my account - presumably this will be returned once my order has been delivered. Also, the final price quoted is a guideline price; is this because several items, like fruit, have been ordered by number instead of weight?

Answers are welcome. I don't think I'll need to order every 7 days as it comes to £45 and I don't think I'll get through that in a week.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 09:16 PM

Re: Has anyone had any issues with online grocery shopping?

Anyone?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 10:01 PM

Sorry, I don't do online grocery shopping because we have a wealth of supermarkets close by,
My daughter does though as she has a busy life and isn't fond of grocery shopping. I have never heard her complain about it.
She uses Asda.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-04-2018, 10:20 PM

I'm only doing it because illness has forced me to; I'd much prefer to actually be in the store choosing my items and paying for them then.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:59 PM

Sorry Ffosse, l am another who doesn’t do online shopping but l’d be interested to know how you get on.

I’d imagine you spend less by shopping this way, as you aren’t tempted like you would be whilst walking round a supermarket.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 04:08 AM

I have done online grocery shopping here in the US, Ffosse, and have found that if you don't mind the substitutions, the flexibility of having someone else choose your produce, and an occasional error, it can be a lifesaver when getting out of the house is all but impossible.

I so hope you can get out and about soon. Let us know or you do with your shopping.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the milkman and vegetable man still come by? When I was in Costa Rica a man would come around with a truck of vegetables, fruit and heavenly bread. That was a very, very bad thing for my figure!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have done online grocery shopping here in the US, Ffosse, and have found that if you don't mind the substitutions, the flexibility of having someone else choose your produce, and an occasional error, it can be a lifesaver when getting out of the house is all but impossible.

I so hope you can get out and about soon. Let us know or you do with your shopping.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the milkman and vegetable man still come by? When I was in Costa Rica a man would come around with a truck of vegetables, fruit and heavenly bread. That was a very, very bad thing for my figure!
There is the option here not to have substitutes, I always choose that option, but occasionally find that my choice is unavailable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:02 AM

I tick the box to force no substitutions.

I've had bad experiences with Tesco not delivering on the day and having to reschedule. Asda and Sainsbury's are ok though.

You can usually amend the order until a few hours before.

The price has always been the same as the order unless there are unavailable items and then it's lower of course.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:08 AM

Hi Ffosse my Daughter in Law uses online grocery shopping and gave up on Tescos who frequently interpreted her order in their own way .

She now uses Ocado and says they are very good.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-04-2018, 08:26 AM

With Tesco you tick the box if you want substitutions - I left mine unticked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top