Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Good Morning Wednesday

I think a couple of our regulars are off somewhere having fun so I'll take up the gauntlet and say good morning. I've been reading online about what is the best thing I can eat as a diabetic for breakfast. It turns out I got quite an education and found a lot of my ideas were wrong. They claimed, on at least 5 sites, that whole grain hot cereals such as barley and rolled oats(oatmeal) were the best. The claimed it kept you filled longer and is digested in the large intestine rather than the small, cause blood sugar levels to drop. I'm having oatmeal at McDonald's this morning.

The only other plan I have today is to visit Jack the Cat to take care of his needs. The rest of this sunny day will be spent relaxing. I can't wait for my friend, Warren, to return from his vacation in California. I need to buy a small tent for my upcoming trip in July and want to touch base with him and his ideas on that.

So, here's wishing you all a great day. Get out there and go for a walk today. Exercise is good for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Re: Good Morning Wednesday

Hi Bob, it is quiet here today isn't it ..... everyone must be out enjoying the sun.

Been into town this morning for my eye examination and ordered a new pair of glasses ....... I am £479 lighter now!!! It's the lenses that put the price so high!

Bob, after your stint of looking after Jack the Cat, do you think you might be tempted to get a cat of your own?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Hi Bob, Mags!~ Yes. where are the regulars? Having fun, I hope.

Beautiful day here too; just before 11:30 am and it's already 19 C (66 F), sunny, not windy, and promises to be up to about 28 C by afternoon.... these old bones are loving it! Statistically speaking the Winter has been about normal, but there were fewer breaks of mild weather so it seemed to be unending. Lovely to be warm and see everything in bloom! Grocery delivery today.

Glasses are frightfully expensive, aren't they?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 06:39 PM

Evening everyone, beautiful spring day again here and I seem to be picking up quite a tan just from pottering around in the shade..

We've had visitors today so it's been quite busy, just chilling out now for a while until the dust settles.

Glad the sun`s shining on you at last Eileen, I know what you mean about the winter being normal, it just seems longer every year!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks,

Barry
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Its been a lovely day here too, done a bit of gardening and a bit of sitting outside and quite a bit of washing. annie.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top