Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Royal Wedding Betting odds

Any one wants a little flutter.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelt...dding-specials
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Re: Royal Wedding Betting odds

Is it me, or does anyone else think the whole wedding thing, is overkill of the worst kind? I've nothing against the couple, or the Royal Family in general, but every single trivial detail is pored over or analysed. For example the tedious story of the Bride's mother's outfit. Yawn!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Anyone taking bets on how long this marriage will last??? - on the basis of past performance of the dysfunctional royal family it won't last too long.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 05:02 PM

John, I see we feel the same I put it down to tourism and this goes to the whole Royal Family.

Not being British but a British Islander (Isle of Man) I view the Royals as representitives of the Commonwealth, The Queen is known by many names for me she is my Sodar and is on our coins and sometimes on our stamps, never wearing a crown, very rearly will see the Union flag flying, you will see our 3 legs flying alot though. Her representative is The Governor, he entertains on her behalf, sits in our parliament but has no influence.

Back to the Wedding, this will be a spectacle watched by millions around the world. The Royals pull in revenue to the UK, sometimes they are called names but I bet they more than earn their money.

The wedding to me is a spectacle just like watching Snow White at Disney parks.

I bet if you asked the couple would they prefer a small event out of the public eye, they would jump at it but no they are not allowed that it has to turn into a carnival, I really feel for them.

That is why I wont be wwatching the wedding but none the less, I wish them happyness.

As an ex-bookie, we were always being asked to open books on things like this.

I learnt a lesson though, once a loverly couple, devoted to each other and they liked a little flutter, asked me the odds of their forthcoming childs sex, they had no prior knowledge and were / are as honest as the day is long. I gave them odds and they wagered a small bet. The baby was born dead, I was really cut up about this and aproached the Husband who like me did not want to touch or gain from the money. So we had a whip round turned it into thousands and gave it to a childrens charity, I have never taken a bet like that again.

Adrian
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Is it me, or does anyone else think the whole wedding thing, is overkill of the worst kind? I've nothing against the couple, or the Royal Family in general, but every single trivial detail is pored over or analysed. For example the tedious story of the Bride's mother's outfit. Yawn!
Never a truer word spoken John, we are being force fed this absolute non-event until we cannot stand the sound of the word Royal.

I have always been a staunch admirer of the Queen and our monarchy, but when the Queen dies then I think the monarchy will die with her. No-one else will ever have her sense of duty to country ever again. Like everything else in our modern society, it will be rounded down to the lowest common denominator. Very sad really....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 09:21 PM

I'm not so sure about that Plantman - I have a feeling that William and Kate will do very well and will uphold tradition in a modern style. In a way I feel a bit sorry for them both, as they will continually be under public scrutiny. Glad it isn't me and my life being watched continually and having to fit into the roles expected of them. Good luck I say.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Are they televising the Royal Consummation?
james
London, UK
james is male  james has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Of course one hopes that any marriage will work out. I wonder how much the element of needing an heir is involved in this marriage and choice of bride.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Are they televising the Royal Consummation?
And how much are OK magazine paying for the wedding photos...
Grace
New Member!
London UK
Grace is female 

20-04-2011, 06:59 PM

I agree with Aerolor, and wish them every happiness. That's one thing all the money in the world cant buy.
BTW great pic. jim xxx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top