Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 07:23 AM

Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone, looks like I'm first up again today, I do hope Antibrown is OK, does anyone know?

It is forecast to be a warm day so I'm taking hound for walkies first thing whilst it's still coolish, then I'm on oven cleaning detail for an hour before coffee.

Fry up for lunch and then feet up with the papers and a book methinks.

Have a smashing day yourselves and look out for one another...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday

It's not quite midnight here Barry. I'm going back to bed for more sleep in just a bit but now before saying good morning to my forum buddies. I'm still hearing more horror stories of the 240 tornadoes that struck 14 states in the U.S. this weekend. 44 are dead already and more bad weather is in the forecast the next few days. Spring can be a violent time in the Midwest, known as "Tornado Alley". Have a great day all. I'm looking forward to sunnier, dryer weather such as I had yesterday.We don't get storms like that in the Pacific Northwest.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Hello Barry, Bob and all who follow!

Another beautiful day once more ..... too nice to spend indoors so I'll be out in the garden later!

Enjoy your day everyone, hope the sun shines on you!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Hi people! Gloomy drizzly day, 17 C (63 F), but just so glad to be home in my own house and not in a hospital bed that I don't care! Incisions completely healed! Appetite still a bit ravenous after that awful bland food; having a nice crab curry for dinner. No news; but the dogwoods are in bloom, do you see many of them in the UK? The pink are lovely but I really prefer the white; mine is white.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi people! Gloomy drizzly day, 17 C (63 F), but just so glad to be home in my own house and not in a hospital bed that I don't care! Incisions completely healed! Appetite still a bit ravenous after that awful bland food; having a nice crab curry for dinner. No news; but the dogwoods are in bloom, do you see many of them in the UK? The pink are lovely but I really prefer the white; mine is white.
I wish that we could send you some sunshine Eileen, we are basking in 70f today, with it forecast to continue all this week. Our dogwoods are just coming into leaf, but no flowers yet...maybe before the end of the week though!

Glad that you are home and feeling hungry - always a good sign, but I'm surprised hospital food is as bad there as it is here, must be the same chef I guess...

Just out of interest, not being a curry fan myself, but why do you use such a subtle flavoured meat as crab in a curry? I have always thought that whatever you put in a curry it would taste the same, in fact I've always thought that a curry is a waste of meat altogether..

Take care Eileen, nice to have you back on the boards..
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 06:56 PM

I dont think we have those dog woods Eileen, could be wrong though, its wonderful to get home after hospital, I refuse to go in again, I'll die in my own bed thankyou.Take it easy, Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 08:44 PM

[QUOTE=plantman;96249]I wish that we could send you some sunshine Eileen, we are basking in 70f today, with it forecast to continue all this week. Our dogwoods are just coming into leaf, but no flowers yet...maybe before the end of the week though!

Glad that you are home and feeling hungry - always a good sign, but I'm surprised hospital food is as bad there as it is here, must be the same chef I guess...

Thanks, it's great to be back; will miss you all when the next surgery takes place. Actually, I'd prefer shrimp in the curry but didn't have any; did have crab in the freezer, so.... if you're not a curry fan it's hard to explain but the flavors do all sort of come thru, balancing the sweetness of the crab with the heat of the spices ...

I'd always heard hospital food was drab and bland; found in my first time there that it is true ... so true! Next time I'm going to see if my friend can bring me a pizza or a Thai or Chinese meal!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I dont think we have those dog woods Eileen, could be wrong though, its wonderful to get home after hospital, I refuse to go in again, I'll die in my own bed thankyou.Take it easy, Annie.
Thanks, Annie! Not looking forward to the next trip, but have no choice...

Will see if I have a dogwood pic in PhotoBucket .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 10:27 PM

Pleased to hear incisions have completely healed Eileen-nothing like home cooking is there!

Walking this morning before it became too warm, then after dinner spent rest of afternoon painting outside-side gate and garage door. Tomorrow will finish off the other side....ideal weather for doing jobs like that....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top