Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:38 PM

Care in the Community

I dont know if this should be under health or not
. But I feel very angry at the way some people with health conditions are left to carry on alone. I have been in hospital several times with breathing problems,the cause has not been found,tests are going on.Two weeks ago I was discharged from hospital,although I did not feel too grand,as ' treatment could be given aS an out patient' Since I came home Ive had to arrange to have my blood tests for warfarin myself,,different departments have promised to visit but have not come or rang me,Prescription for new medication from the hospital was not sent to my pharmacy and I had to contact my pharmacy myself to get an emergency supply from them
My friend has had a illeostomy ,she was having some problems with the wound being sore, but a nurse could not come to visit for 3 weeks, she was tlold to ' use the powder' What powder, baby powder ? ''No the powder you were given'.she has not been given any powder !
My SIL was sent out of hospital 2weeks ago after breaking her hip but has only just started physio.
iS this 'cARE IN THE cOMMUNITY ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:43 AM

Re: Care in the Community

Ive found it to be very poor,an excuse to empty beds, at that point you become human ping pong.It wont get better soon with this government im afraid.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive found it to be very poor,an excuse to empty beds, at that point you become human ping pong.It wont get better soon with this government im afraid.
It wasn't wonderful under the Labour Government either.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I dont know if this should be under health or not
. But I feel very angry at the way some people with health conditions are left to carry on alone. I have been in hospital several times with breathing problems,the cause has not been found,tests are going on.Two weeks ago I was discharged from hospital,although I did not feel too grand,as ' treatment could be given aS an out patient' Since I came home Ive had to arrange to have my blood tests for warfarin myself,,different departments have promised to visit but have not come or rang me,Prescription for new medication from the hospital was not sent to my pharmacy and I had to contact my pharmacy myself to get an emergency supply from them
My friend has had a illeostomy ,she was having some problems with the wound being sore, but a nurse could not come to visit for 3 weeks, she was tlold to ' use the powder' What powder, baby powder ? ''No the powder you were given'.she has not been given any powder !
My SIL was sent out of hospital 2weeks ago after breaking her hip but has only just started physio.
iS this 'cARE IN THE cOMMUNITY ?
I am surprised at the above problems as usually patient s are shown very carefully how to manage the wound and really two weeks is not too bad considereing the waiting list for physio. Maybe it's the area you live in .
For me care the community is more of a concern when people with mental health issues are left to struggle in a world that is difficult enough for those who don't have these problems .
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:35 AM

sorry to hear of problems deylon. our nhs does have faults and needs tweaking and for some to have to persist to get the care they deserve and I just hope you next times are a better experience.

love our nhs and they can do no wrong in my eyes and I have had a few bad things but you have to step back and look at bigger picture. hope that's not to insensitive. fingers crossed things improve.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:28 PM

Well thats it,back on my own resources now,back on the merry go round. After a night in A&E a few weeks ago it was arranged for a team of nurses to visit me at home,take B.P, Blood tests,check how I was ,any problems etc,but after about 2 weeks I went back into Hospital for 2 weeks,then this week the same nurses have visited me 4 times,Today I was told they will no longer be coming,if I need help contact my GP. if I have difficulty breathing call 999. I thought the whole idea was to keep me out of Hospital!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top