Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 01:40 AM

Deadly Storms This Weekend

There were an incredible 240 tornadoes that struck 14 different states this past weekend. There are a reported 44 deaths as a rusult of all the tragedy. I used to live in the Midwest, known as "Tornado Alley". I know how violent these twisters can be. There are no structures that can stand against a tornado when it hits directly. People that survived are just grateful to get out alive. Their homes are trash piles but they can rebuild.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Re: Deadly Storms This Weekend

That must be a frightening experience Bob, I've seen them in documentaries and news reports and the destruction they cause to anything in their path is horrific.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 07:52 AM

It's as devastating as that earthquake and tsunami in Japan. In 30 seconds, folks go from having a home, to digging out of a pile of rubble.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2011, 10:17 PM

So many deaths and so much devastation....can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to have your home destroyed, must be soul-destroying. Like you say Bob, they are lucky to be alive and can rebuild....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top