Join for free
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-04-2011, 12:01 AM

Am I alone ...........

............. In finding this video mildly disturbing ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr19Q...ature=youtu.be
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 07:18 AM

Re: Am I alone ...........

Reminds me of my first few days of abseil training...although I was just slightly older..
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Maybe in about 18years time, he'll be doing the same thing down some Nightclub steps. Hope not for his sake. Yes its not very clever, could have had a nasty tumble.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 12:32 PM

At roughly the same age, my family lived in a 1st floor flat. To prevent me going down the stairs, my parents fixed a gate at the top. I leaned and rocked on that gate until I managed to wrench it out of the wall fixing. Gate and I managed to travel all the way down the stairs and collide with the front door at the bottom without touching one of the stairs in passing!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 07:50 PM

I'm not a spoilsport and kids must play, however I personally find some of these clips upsetting, some of them on 'You've been framed' are not a bit funny and quite dangerous. Accidents will happen if they are to happen, but why help them along?.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

21-04-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
At roughly the same age, my family lived in a 1st floor flat. To prevent me going down the stairs, my parents fixed a gate at the top. I leaned and rocked on that gate until I managed to wrench it out of the wall fixing. Gate and I managed to travel all the way down the stairs and collide with the front door at the bottom without touching one of the stairs in passing!!!

ROFL ...........

Did you grow up to be a great Tobogganer ?

LOL

Reminds of that brill Movie " Cool Runnings " ......... Funny as ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqLsGT2wbQ

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2011, 07:15 AM

Nah, Topaz darlin' - 'fraid not BUT I used to climb a lot (Mountains). Unfortunately age and chronic Arthritis has caught up with me which now prevents me from following my hobby anymore.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

22-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Nah, Topaz darlin' - 'fraid not BUT I used to climb a lot (Mountains). Unfortunately age and chronic Arthritis has caught up with me which now prevents me from following my hobby anymore.

Aaawww , sorry to hear that Joe

What Mountains did you climb and did ya ever bag any Munroes ?

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Mount Gerlach and Krivan in the High Tatras - part of the Carpathian range - but that was many years ago.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top