Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:12 AM

Do you fancy a pint ?

Do you drink much ? I usually describe myself as a social drinker, but then i don't have that much of a social life, so i probably drink very little. I've often said i probably drink in a year, less than some drink of a Friday night. But according to the latest research, even social drinkers need to worry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43738644

One drink a day ? That could be a glass of wine with your evening meal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Do you fancy a pint ?

I probably only have one or two drinks per mainly year at Christmas. Not because I don't enjoy it but because I am always driving. Neither of us drink at home. I do enjoy the odd Cobra with a curry.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Teatotallers here, all of us. So much so cough medicine knocked me for six recently I actually felt a bit silly taking it then got a hang over
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Have not drank very much in ages. Maybe the odd tin of beer with a take away. There's actually 2 bottles of wine in the house I was given by the Indian takeaway for being a good customer, boy, have they got a shock coming with the new improved version of me.

But, and this is a terrible admission.
Just after Christmas I was in the local Spar who were selling off the Christmas booze and for some mad reason (I was in a really bad place in my head at the time) I decided to buy a litre bottle of Bailey's cream. I don't even like the stuff and drank half the bottle that night and drank the other half the next night, and I mean swiging from the bottle not from a glass. That carried on night after night for about another 7 bottles, half a bottle per night. Not getting drunk, just pleasantly warm inside. Then as stupidly as I had started this I stopped.

There's one thing you can say about me. I don't care sometimes and tell the whole truth about myself no matter how bad and stupid it makes me sound.
Mea Culpa.
😀
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:40 AM

You must have felt really bad to do that, I'm glad you are feeling well enough to have stopped.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:45 AM

I drink too muc as I like my wine before bed. I ave cut down to wat I used to drink and I'm sure I'll give up eventually but for now I'm enjoying my nigtly tipple. Flipping key not working is doing my ead in
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:25 AM

I like beer and have 5 or 6 pints of it a week. I've made what might be considered a good age despite that. I think all of these health advisories should be taken with a pinch of salt ..and vinegar crisps.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:43 AM

I don't drink much any more, not really TT but I just don't fancy alcohol. I did buy a bottle of Lanson to see the New Year in with my friend, but as she was on medication she couldn't drink it, so the bottle is still unopened.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:45 AM

My husband and I drink very little indeed, always have. Neither of us have ever been drunk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Have not drank very much in ages. Maybe the odd tin of beer with a take away. There's actually 2 bottles of wine in the house I was given by the Indian takeaway for being a good customer, boy, have they got a shock coming with the new improved version of me.

But, and this is a terrible admission.
Just after Christmas I was in the local Spar who were selling off the Christmas booze and for some mad reason (I was in a really bad place in my head at the time) I decided to buy a litre bottle of Bailey's cream. I don't even like the stuff and drank half the bottle that night and drank the other half the next night, and I mean swiging from the bottle not from a glass. That carried on night after night for about another 7 bottles, half a bottle per night. Not getting drunk, just pleasantly warm inside. Then as stupidly as I had started this I stopped.

There's one thing you can say about me. I don't care sometimes and tell the whole truth about myself no matter how bad and stupid it makes me sound.
Mea Culpa.
��
Baileys is very easy to drink, it's more like a milkshake than alcohol. In the past it has made me feel sick rather than drunk.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top