Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Hospital Appointments

I have had a phone call from the hospital I was in for my breathing probs.to say they were expecting me for O.P app. today,well no one told me,she asked if I saw an ENT consultant while there,yed I did ,but he just did some tests to see if my sinuses were the cause of my breathing probs,then he said they werent.The hospital was not very happy happy that I didnt turn up,apparently this clinic isnt held very often,they are going to make another appt.but it wasnt my fault,if Id known I would have told them I had another appt.at another hospital today
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:29 AM

Re: Hospital Appointments

There is definitely something going wrong within NHS appointment communications deylon. My last ms appointment I was told off for not attending the previous one and told I'd be struck off the list if I missed another. I was mortified then realised and after a kerfuffle managed to prove it I had attended the appointment but the doctor had been called away and the clinic ended before he got round to seeing about four of us.

Now I've received a letter saying because I haven't attended last two clinics I have to go to my GP to be referred again !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:56 PM

Atrocious! They don't seem to care, or listen.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Hi

We are but a number to them, a lot of the time, even if you do turn up, they have not even read your notes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Because I had infections and was taken into hospital, I missed my chemo appointments and got a stern letter about this. I also got duplicate appointments to see the Consultant, duplicate MRI appointments etc. - they don't seem to keep in touch with each other, the various departments.

I had to spend much of my chemo day on Wednesday sorting this all out with them. Thankfully, they are all in order now: 1 appointment to see the Consultant, 1 CT Scan, 1 MRI and new chemo appointments stretching in to July.

I now have the appointments on paper and on my phone and computer's calendar with reminders set for all of them.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is definitely something going wrong within NHS appointment communications deylon. My last ms appointment I was told off for not attending the previous one and told I'd be struck off the list if I missed another. I was mortified then realised and after a kerfuffle managed to prove it I had attended the appointment but the doctor had been called away and the clinic ended before he got round to seeing about four of us.

Now I've received a letter saying because I haven't attended last two clinics I have to go to my GP to be referred again !
Make a fuss!

Jump up and down scream and shout!

Failing that, try this, never fails...you take a deep breath and say in a very quiet voice,
"Now listen to me. I'll say this only once..."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 07:40 AM

Oh yes a fuss I did make, no shouting or being rude just repeated again and again my point of view. Being stubborn has its uses

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top