Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:35 PM

The Coffin Club.

I've recently joined the U3A. i was looking for things to do to get me out of the house, and keep me out of michief. When the postman came at lunchtime, he brought their latest magazine and there's a small article in it about, a group in NZ, and it's spreading to the rest of the world, who are building thier own coffins.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-coffins.html
Are you a carpenter, or even a keen DIYer, Do you fancy the idea of being prepared and making your own coffin ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: The Coffin Club.

In a word - No!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:42 PM

No point really, Sue said to me when I die she will dance on my grave.

I want to be buried at sea.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No point really, Sue said to me when I die she will dance on my grave.

I want to be buried at sea.
Unless she throws you overboard , you'll still need a coffin.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:08 PM

I saw something about this only a couple of weeks ago. I remember thinking this sounds a good idea, and then dismissed it, but can't remember why. Maybe because I'd have to buy a set of tools
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:08 PM

I can't see why not, it makes sense really with the cost of funerals. I'm not sure MDF would last too long underground though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:20 PM

If my husband had his way my 'coffin' would be a potato sack, a used one at that.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:20 PM

If I were a carpenter sure I would...You could make it any colour or design You wished and save Your Family money into the bargain.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:34 PM

Hey thats not a bad idea actually.
I have been thinking of making new book shelving for my den.Trouble is trying to fit it in a small gap between the other 4 book cases.
Maybe if I made the coffin and then stood it up between the other book cases and put shelves in it.

Then when I pop me clogs she can use the books to burn me in the garden.

Bleeding great idea actually and I won't cost that much to get rid off when I go.

Home made coffin no hearse needed no chapel no vicar just roll me out to the back garden.

Card can read everybody round our house for drinks and a bbq.
She can even roast the tatties on the embers.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 09:51 PM

I think it’s a good idea, one could be creative and use themes, for example a chap who liked his tipple could have a coffin shaped like a whiskey bottle, a seafaring man could have one shaped like a ship, a politician might finally come clean and have his coffin sausage shaped like Pinocchio’s nose.

I believe Harry Houdini had a trapdoor fitted in his coffin, good old Harry game to the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top