Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 11:13 PM

Summer's coming - slowly

Our local weather said it reached 19 degs. today.
In a way, I love our crazy English weather, at least it never gets boring and predictable.

What signs have you seen of early summer so far?

I know all the spring bulbs have been flowering for quite a while now, and I always love to see the pink blossom trees bursting into colour everywhere too, a real joy.
The last few days I have seen 4 big furry Bumble bees, two of which were trying to fly into my kitchen.
But one guest I had tonight was most certainly not welcome - the first huge Wasp of the season!

I was carving up a Lamb joint I had just cooked, and saw something move out the corner of my eye. It was this huge wasp crawling along the top of the kitchen blinds.
I do not like wasps one bit. I can't be in the same room as one.

I also got my first insect bite of the season last night - on my left hand. I react quite badly to some bites, and this one is burning up tonight, so I do hope it settles down.

What early signs of summer have you noticed yet?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 11:28 PM

Re: Summer's coming - slowly

The Spring flowers are always a welcome sight and now the leaf buds are beginning to unfurl.

Yesterday I noticed a yellow butterfly for the first time settling on a container of pansies, also noticed a couple of bees .... the garden is starting to come alive again

Mups, I hope you don’t get a bad reaction from your bite tonight
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 11:44 PM

"What early signs of summer have you noticed yet?"

The rain is definitely warmer.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 12:03 AM

We are still waiting for Spring.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 12:07 AM

It was VERY warm today, I didn't need a coat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The Spring flowers are always a welcome sight and now the leaf buds are beginning to unfurl.

Yesterday I noticed a yellow butterfly for the first time settling on a container of pansies, also noticed a couple of bees .... the garden is starting to come alive again

Mups, I hope you don’t get a bad reaction from your bite tonight

How lovely Mags. I haven't seen those yet.
There are so many trees and shrubs bursting into greenery now, I really hope we don't get any bad late frosts.

When my big Camellia comes into full bloom I must try and take a decent picture, it's a beauty.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:58 AM

I bought viola yesterday at the garden centre, the place was full of colour with pansies primroses camellias and many others all in full bloom. I also bought alpines..it's the garden for me today
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It was VERY warm today, I didn't need a coat.
Did you leave the house though.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Two day of sun.
The birds looking for nests.
Plants started to come alive.
Big Bumble Bee.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:51 AM

Odd thing about insect bites Mups, I can go through a whole year without a single one but my wife is plagued with them over the summer, which proves the point that being attractive isn't always an advantage..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top