Join for free
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Chemotherapy treatment advice.

I am finding that drinking a lot is helping me ward off side effects, I do visit the loo quiet a lot more but that is not bad.

Please, please, please follow the advice you are given by your advisors, they deal with this daily and do know best.

Be lucky.

Adrian.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Re: Chemotherapy treatment advice.

I hope you are not finding the chemotherapy too difficult Manxman. It sounds as if your body is telling you that you need to drink plenty. I hope that you will soon have finished the sessions.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 06:34 PM

I wish you all the best with your Chemotherapy treatment, Adrian and I'm sure sharing your advice with other sufferers will be a great help for them too.

Take care...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Would also like to wish you all the best with your Chemotherapy treatment Adrian......take care....
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2011, 08:50 AM

Thank you for your support all.

Cancer is awful, take it from me, have regular check ups and ask for cancer checks to be made.

YES! GENTLEMEN that does include YOU, the Ladies are far better at seeing the Doctor than us.

Love and Peace.

Adrian.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the good advice Adrian. The Chemo treatment did the trick for Bob Champion and Jonjo O'Neill, I'm sure it will do it for you too, all the best,
Jimmy.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-04-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Manxman ->
I am finding that drinking a lot is helping me ward off side effects, I do visit the loo quiet a lot more but that is not bad.
Please, please, please follow the advice you are given by your advisors, they deal with this daily and do know best.
Be lucky.
Adrian.
Good luck with your treatment Adrian, whatever chemo regime you are on can have side effects and you are so right about listening to the folk that deal with it all daily.

I was lucky in the heroic people I met, both on the wards and for our day case top ups. I learned so much of what to eat and drink and generally how to fight this plague.

Take care now.
George
Manxman
Manchester, UK

27-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Had my second treatment Monday, pump off today. Still drinking allot.

Feeling good and fighting the fight.

I attend a hospital that all here simply call 'The Christie' a new wing has not long been opened, which is really top class. They only do Cancer things in the hospital. http://www.christie.nhs.uk/ .

A place where both Patient's and Staff smile.

I hope if you do visit such a place that it is just to see what they do.

Love and Peace to you all.

Adrian.

I must ask my Wife Norma to come onto this forum, if only to explain what a carer/ loving Wife has to do. Norma is truly my soul mate and a wonderful woman.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm pleased to hear you're feeling good after your latest treatment, Adrian and I like your fighting attitude towards your misfortune.

Norma sounds a wonderful caring wife and it would lovely if she were to join us here, she would be very welcome.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Good to hear your doing well after your treatment Adrian, and your positive attitude remains. I have visited Christies with a friend-her husband was having treatment there. Have to say, I found it to be a very postive place, and like you say, everyone seemed to be smiling.

It's great that you have such a wonderful wife, and maybe with a little persuasion, she will become an OFFer......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top