Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 07:15 AM

Gender Pay Gap

It's being banged on about again, has anyone interviewed the "Real" Housewives of Cheshire?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: Gender Pay Gap

If men and women are doing the same job they should be paid the same amount of money.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If men and women are doing the same job they should be paid the same amount of money.
Yes i agree Tara, our society now dictates rightly or wrongly that most people have to work. Gone are the days when women stayed home or just had a little part time job to supplement the family income. Equal work...Equal pay !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:53 AM

It's something I can't get upset about I guess once you get onto nmw we are all paid the same anyway. Also I'd like to see equal work for that pay. I watch some women playing on their weakness letting men take the strain and wonder why they deserve equal pay.

Three women work where my husband does none stock their vans, none have calls where they have to carry stuff upstairs. All get paid same as the men.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's something I can't get upset about I guess once you get onto nmw we are all paid the same anyway. Also I'd like to see equal work for that pay. I watch some women playing on their weakness letting men take the strain and wonder why they deserve equal pay.

Three women work where my husband does none stock their vans, none have calls where they have to carry stuff upstairs. All get paid same as the men.
And in my job I work along side two men who lift nothing heavier then a knife where us three girls have to lift and carry 25kg weights all day every day

We all get paid the same as our work is all equal in the running of the business
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And in my job I work along side two men who lift nothing heavier then a knife where us three girls have to lift and carry 25kg weights all day every day

We all get paid the same as our work is all equal in the running of the business
Oh I'm sure that happens too missy. It makes a mockery of any equal pay though so I can't as I said get too upset about it all. We all take jobs knowing the pay as long as we get that I'm happy.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 01:21 PM

Equal pay is jobs of equal importance, hence the Tesco staff going to court as warehouse workers get paid more - regardless of sex

If there are people not pulling their weight in work - thats a management problem, not a wage dispute

Now Im 15 years older then the next person, its obvious to a blind man that everyone else is fitter and stronger then me and I quite often ask for help to lift and carry ( I struggle with the 30kgs ).. Im not playing on my sex, Im saying its too bloody heavy and Im not killing myself
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:14 PM

This wage discrimination has been going on for far too long.
It's always been so that women have had to fight and sometimes die for the right to have equal rights along side men.

It works in favour of employers to divide the sexes. If I am doing the same job as a man, I want the same wage. If I am not up to the job it should be given to a person that can, be it male or female, no consessions given for the difference in the physical or mental abilities of the sexes. Equality means just that, in my opinion.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:21 PM

This is not about equal pay, that is now being bandied about, that is quite correct. The imbalance is at the top, so, just stop the inferences, and stop making it mainstream news, sort it out in the Boardroom.
And, get more women Pilots.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:39 PM

It's always been about inequalities and still is. Men do not wish women to enter the world of what has been male dominated areas of employment for many years. We are slowly making inroads but we have still a long way to go.

Are there any female generals in our armed forces?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top