Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Jumbo

I managed to squeak in a trip to the zoo today before the rain set in. I was happy to see patches of blue sky when I left but knew there were overcast conditions coming. That's my favorite light, in the late morning, about 3 hours after sunrise.

You never know which animals will provide a good shot on any given day. Today, it was a magnificent elephant. He turned and began walking right at me, giving me a great perspective on his huge body. What a wonderful creature!

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 10:47 PM

Re: Jumbo

That is a wonderful photo Bob....a majestic animal. I do enjoy looking at your photos.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 10:51 PM

That really is a brilliant photo, Bob!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That really is a brilliant photo, Bob!
One of the interesting things about it is that it's not cropped at all. I blended in a slight bit of handrail that ran along the bottom of the photo but you could never tell that. The entire image is exactly what I saw.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2011, 08:38 PM

That is totaly superb. I am a major elephant fan, one day I hope to go to Africa and see them there. Really enjoying your pictures. That would make a superb picture framed, or on canvas.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

22-05-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
That is totaly superb. I am a major elephant fan, one day I hope to go to Africa and see them there. Really enjoying your pictures. That would make a superb picture framed, or on canvas.
I have two of my Big Cat photos on 20"x30" canvases hanging in my tiny apartment. I'm thinking of saving up the $70 it would cost to have the elephant shot as a 20"x30". You may like my elephant close-up as well.

marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 09:26 AM

They are lovely - especially the elephant.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2011, 08:30 PM

Wonderful photos! Have you ever seen the photos in Ashes and Snow?
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2011, 01:02 AM

The lions are superb as is the tiger. My favourite big cat is the jaguar/panther. But the elephant stunning maybe because like the whale you sort of get the feeling they know more than mankind........a timeless memory.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

24-05-2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
The lions are superb as is the tiger. My favourite big cat is the jaguar/panther. But the elephant stunning maybe because like the whale you sort of get the feeling they know more than mankind........a timeless memory.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top