Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:48 PM

How much liquid do you drink in a day?

I believe it is supposed to be 2 litres for men and 1.5 for women.

I have two mugs of instant coffee each morning, two cups of tea in the afternoon, and apart from that I drink water from the tap. I did measure it once, and it fits in with the recommended amount.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Re: How much liquid do you drink in a day?

Probably quite a bit if you include red wine! I have one coffee & fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning and about three or four cups of tea. A diet coke with my lunch. A pint of tapwater & herbal tea by the bed at night.

I've noticed the tapwater is smelling more of chlorine lately. Does a filter get rid of that?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:52 PM

I am really bad. I have 1 cup of tea when I get up, 1 glass of tap water during the morning, 1 tea about 3pm and then the last cup of tea about 7pm.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:54 PM

I believe the 'recommended daily amount' is nonsense, our bodies naturally adjust our intake of fluid making us thirsty is we need more and expelling fluid if there is too much in order to maintain a balance.
Obviously, we need to drink more if the weather is hot.

I drink on average a couple of pints of liquid a day and of course there is liquid in our food.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I am really bad. I have 1 cup of tea when I get up, 1 glass of tap water during the morning, 1 tea about 3pm and then the last cup of tea about 7pm.
That may be the reason why you keep getting headaches Susie, you aren't drinking enough
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:55 PM

I do try to drink lots as l feel it’s really important.

When l go out for a meal, l always ask for a jug of water and l drink the lot!
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Too much of the 'wrong' kind of liquid, in my Doctors' eyes.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:58 PM

For years I have never felt thirsty, even in hot weather, I have to have my drinks at specific times of the day, otherwise I wouldn't remember to have them. Is there any other poster who doesn't get thirsty?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Earl Grey first thing in the morning, bog standard tea at 11 and another about 2, orange juice and coffee with dinner, and copious amounts of lager in the evening...I am on target ...whatever the target is..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:01 PM

I don't drink enough water at all. I drink a pint of orange squash with a meal and take another bottle of it to work, but the only fresh water I drink is a pint I take to bed during my sleep. My skin is always very dry because I don't keep it hydrated.

I drink a lot of coffee, a couple of mugs per day and also 2-3 small vending machine cups at work at night.
I always have a mug of tea when I come in from work in the moring before bed.

As far as alcohol goes, I look forward to a few pints on a Saturday with my pals and I always enjoy a couple of bottles of real ale on a Friday night at home. May have the occasional whiskey later on.

Being off work all week I've been drinking every night however and that is too much!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top