Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:40 PM

Saying what you think

Many people on this forum don't like what I have to say, but I state my honest opinion, I will never say anything I don't mean just to make me popular, as I believe some people here do. I would never compliment anyone if I didn't believe it to be true. For instance, some might show a photo of themselves and be told how wonderful they look, when in reality they look terrible. If asked for my opinion about someone's appearance I will not say they look good when they don't. I would be very annoyed if someone told me a lie, just to butter me up. I prefer people to be straight with me. OK my approach doesn't always make me popular, and I get a lot of stick for it on this forum, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

However, posters can be certain if I do agree with their position on a topic, or pay them a compliment I mean every word of it.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Re: Saying what you think

It doesn’t bother you but you still feel the need to explain yourself and gain approval...mmm?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:49 PM

Tarantula.
Of course you can say what you think. I always do.
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, you just have that manner of coming across negative and disagreeable in many of your posts. Sometimes you have that air of superiority about you too and I think that's why people don't always get on with you.
You don't make life exactly easy for you on this forum.
Everybody's different.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
It doesn’t bother you but you still feel the need to explain yourself and gain approval...mmm?
I didn't want or expect to gain approval, I was just stating my position, which in all probability will result in more vilification.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:58 PM

I suspect this is because I told you to shove a sock in it earlier?

I too, like you, say what I think so don't take it to heart Tara.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Tarantula.
Of course you can say what you think. I always do.
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, you just have that manner of coming across negative and disagreeable in many of your posts. Sometimes you have that air of superiority about you too and I think that's why people don't always get on with you.
You don't make life exactly easy for you on this forum.
Everybody's different.
I don't think I am negative or disagreeable, but that is your opinion to which you are entitled.

I certainly don't feel superior to others, goodness knows why anyone should think that, I am just me as I have always been since birth.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Tara, it's not what you say (or type) that gets some peoples' goat, it's the way that you say it (or type it) It can come across as though you are looking to offend, or at least be different from everyone else, which you are not.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I didn't want or expect to gain approval, I was just stating my position, which in all probability will result in more vilification.
Yep, you are not a likeable person.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't think I am negative or disagreeable, but that is your opinion to which you are entitled.

I certainly don't feel superior to others, goodness knows why anyone should think that, I am just me as I have always been since birth.
You are all of these, Tara. You just can't see it because of your uppity behavior.

I read your posts and leave with no smile on my face anymore.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-03-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Yep, you are not a likeable person.
Rather to the point there, Rehab.
Can't argue tho' buddy!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top