Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:17 AM

Please Tell Me About Your Towels... Quality Or Cheap?

I used to have a thing about towels and was always buying them!

I have towels of every size, hand towels up to bath sheets. I only like good quality towels and would buy them when they were in the sales, usually from Selfridges or House Of Fraser. This was not for snobbish reasons but l wanted the best quality at a decent price as l find they last longer!!

I have so many towels that l think they will see me out!!

What about you? Do you buy quality towels, or do you buy any towels that you think will serve the purpose?
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Re: Please Tell Me About Your Towels... Quality Or Cheap?

Oh Art, quality and like you from hand to bath sheets, but they must co-ordinate with the bathroom.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:24 AM

Actually I dislike really thick expensive towels I buy cheaper thinner ones that wash and dry easily and I replace them quite often. I only buy white and just hand towels and massive bath sheets.

I wonder if anyone else like me has a special set in the house bathroom just for show not for using...so funny.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Hi Art,

I don't buy cheap ones, but I go to a local Curtain shop that sells Towels as well. I have Hand Towels which are Stripes like a Deckchair, also have good quality Bath Towels in Powder Blue and Dusty Pink, also some Guess Towels. I find that the cheap towels are very thin and shrink in the wash.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Hands up Summer, I have a set on the bathroom towel ladder, which are just for show.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:28 AM

They were 'quality' when I bought them but not sure they would qualify as that now

I always buy extra towels in the sales , my old ones are never wasted they become dog towels and I use two of those every day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:28 AM

I buy white towels only in all sizes - bath sheet - bath towel & hand towel.

I like nice quality but don't go for the most expensive. My last ones were from Tesco and very good they are too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:32 AM

I like old towels they those big fluffy ones don't dry so well .
And a brisk rub with a rough towel exfoliates at the same !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:56 AM

I think it would be really flash to have a monogram on your towels but then it would remind me of the Julia Robert’s film, ‘Sleeping With The Enemy’!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-03-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I like old towels they those big fluffy ones don't dry so well .
And a brisk rub with a rough towel exfoliates at the same !
Muddy, l do have two old sports towels that belonged to my ex partner. They are getting thin now but are great for drying!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top