Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Have you ever

Tried not watching TV for a Day/Week?

How did you find it, relaxing, boring, envigorating, productive!!!

I find that when we switch the TV off for a day our stress levels fall, our patience grows, there is more time to do things and that job you were going to do tomorrow has been done.

Not tried it? then do so, you will be enlightened and surprised.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 02:44 PM

Re: Have you ever

I don't tend to watch much TV through the week.

I do like Corrie and EE though , I will watch football if England are playing and there are one or two quiz programmes that interest me. The last two TV series that I watched were "Lost" and "Merlin".
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 04:17 PM

I really only watch the news at noon, 6 and 11, the occasional Antiques Road Show and Charlie Rose, so to all intents and purposes the TV is off most of the time ..... exceptions of course for things of great import like tsunami, terrorist attacks, the Wedding .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 06:19 PM

I used to be a real television fanatic when TV was entertaining and enlightening, now its just an endless stream of talent contests, cooking programs, and house property profiteering. If I need any more misery, I can always tune in to the daily news. And while I'm at it, what makes C4 think all the daytime viewers love old musicals?.
My answer AB is that I don't watch it as much as I used to, and it makes me a happier Man, I do however love the horror channel, watch good films and documentaries.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 09:22 PM

I could easily live without it, other than for some specials and events like the Olympics.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Watch BBC News 24 while I have my dinner then switch off. Back on for The Chase quiz (when its on), having tea around that time. Just can't miss Emmerdale, Corrie, Holby City and Casualty and do watch the reality shows at weekends. Also will watch England and Man. Utd when on.....apart from those I'll usually switch off and play CD's....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2011, 10:51 PM

Oh, forgot to mention the Olympics ... do watch most of them except the team sports.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 11:12 AM

The TV stays off all day until the soaps begin and goes off again after the 10 o'clock news. Saturdays it's rarely switched on at all and Sundays just for the evening drama if there is one on.
If I have the grandkiddies here, then it's Playhouse Disney and Sponge Bob Square Pants for a couple of hourse. (Drives me mad)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 03:41 PM

I would rather have the radio on, I listen to Radio 5 live, like the tv for Corrie and EE and any Drama,tonight its Lewis. Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

17-04-2011, 04:39 PM

The radio is on all the time in my house except when the TV news is on, and in the evening I play CDs,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top