Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Date For The Diary

Friday 29 March, 2019. UK to leave the European Union.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Re: Date For The Diary

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Possibly, if there's not a re-run of the referendum or a referendum on the terms of our withdrawal in the interim.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Yippee !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:09 PM

Party at mine

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:34 PM

Must remember to buy a Union Flag and some fireworks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Party at mine

Starting now ???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 04:49 AM

Hi

Yes, that is the Official Date, but it is a con.

Absolutely nothing will happen for a further 20 months.

The Transition Period, which we have asked for and which is costing us a fortune.

We will still be subject to EU Rules, but will have no Input to them.

There will be absolutely no change to EU Immigration at all.

Amber Rudd has just announced that there is no Cabinet Agreement on whether Immigration will form part of negotiations on our future relationship with the EU.

Our Transport Secretary has announced that we will not be checking HGVs entering the UK.

Our Fisheries have been ignored, Corbyn has even instructed Labour MEPs to vote for continued EU fishing in our waters.

Liam Fox has not delivered on a Single New Trade Deal, in fact he has not even managed to continue any of the Trade Deals we have as part of the EU.

His arrogant attitude has resulted in rebukes from Canada, Japan and South Korea.

Our major Trading Partners, including the USA, have put in formal complaints to the WTO, these complaints take years to resolve.

I was hoping that the Referendum would be a kick in the teeth for our Ruling Elite, that they would listen to the concerns of the ordinary voter.

I am sadly disappointed.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 06:53 PM

And a lot more disappointment to come if you ever genuinely believed that Brexit would improve things.

The date will go down in history as the start of the UK's self-inflicted decline. And will be a day of national shame marking our betrayal of our friends and allies.

I'm sure there will be idiots celebrating and partying. It will be handy to note who they are in order to blame, and avoid any contact or doing business with them in the future.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 06:57 PM

Gosh yes what a party that will be.... have to start planning
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh yes what a party that will be.... have to start planning
Mmmm, I can see I'm going to get into a lot of arguments that day, hope it doesn't lead to fisticuffs,

Ah well, bring it on, a lot of balloons to pop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top