Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 11:13 AM

like or not photos

Are you the type of person who agrees about a photo or actually says what they think.

Personally I believe that an honest opinion is worth 1000 times
more than someone who sees everyone else likes a photo so goes with the majority.

Or are you a person who gets a negative but constructive criticism and takes the comment onboard, or throws a wobbly and hates the person making it.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Re: like or not photos

Interesting question for me, as I have been judging club photographic competitions for over fifteen years. Two things come to mind; the photographer enters a masterpiece expecting an objective appraisal, and the judge is expected to show no bias. My objective has always to look at improvement areas, rather than tear the image to pieces.

For so called hobby snappers, their needs may be a conversational one. Areas of common interest for example.
I could ramble on.......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Interesting question for me, as I have been judging club photographic competitions for over fifteen years. Two things come to mind; the photographer enters a masterpiece expecting an objective appraisal, and the judge is expected to show no bias. My objective has always to look at improvement areas, rather than tear the image to pieces.

For so called hobby snappers, their needs may be a conversational one. Areas of common interest for example.
I could ramble on.......

How can you look for improvement areas when judging a newcomers effort for the first time?

Surely the criteria should be on the standard of work presented by whoever enters the competition

Also all work should be anonymous until a photo is chosen as the best, therefore unable to judge any improvement?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Are you the type of person who agrees about a photo or actually says what they think.

Personally I believe that an honest opinion is worth 1000 times
more than someone who sees everyone else likes a photo so goes with the majority.

Or are you a person who gets a negative but constructive criticism and takes the comment onboard, or throws a wobbly and hates the person making it.
If asked for my opinion, I will always give an honest answer, even if it isn't what a person wants to hear.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top