Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 06:59 AM

Enjoying Sunday

Good morning everyone

It has the makings of another nice day today so we are having a walk around Grasmere and probably lunch at the Swan.

Have a great day and dont forget that life is for enjoying and if you dont get out and about and do that today you could miss out on what there is to offer from Mother Nature.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Re: Enjoying Sunday

Today we are preparing the caravan for our first outing of the year. We are off to the Cotswolds for four nights from tomorrow to relax and wind down, after the disruption of having two of our sons in for a couple of weeks relaying the patio. It never fails to amaze me how much they eat!

The makings of another beautiful Spring day here in Sherwood, so I will find time to enjoy all that nature has to offer, as it may be gone in the blink of an eye.....

Have a great day,

Barry
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Good morning AB, Barry and all who follow!

Another gorgeous day here, unfortunately we have rain forecast for Tuesday ..... just when I was getting used to this! Spending the afternoon sitting in the garden giving OH orders ..... oops I mean instructions for what I would like moving around.

AB - hope you enjoy your walk and lunch around Grasmere...

Barry - enjoy your four days in the Cotswolds, lovely scenery around that part of the country...

Enjoy your day all, hope the sun shines on you too!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 12:01 PM

Good morning fun seekers. Don't know what the weather holds for today and frankly don't care. I'll be heading to church in just a few hours followed by watching the final day of the Masters golf tournament. I used to live just 10 miles from where that was held each year in Augusta, Georgia. After 13 years of that I watch each year.

Got my new Apple iMac memory upgraded yesterday to max it out at 16 gig. I'm enjoying my new toy more & more each day. I rarely turn on my other computer unless I need to move something from it to the new iMac.

I might process more photos from the Tulip Festival today now that my Adobe Photoshop is properly set up and running fine on the new computer. I learned a few things from the experts at the Mac store yesterday while I waited for the memory to be installed.

I'll need to check the activities online for my local area to make sure I don't miss some cool festival or event. It looks like Spring is trying hard to take hold here but I won't be convinced for a month or so.

Have a great day all and remember to relax, enjoy your families and hug someone today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Good Day to you all, the Grandkids just left and peace is restored till tomorrow.
Glad your lads are eating well barry.
Go easy on that fella of yours Mags.
Bob, I wonder could the lads at the Mac store do something with my memory.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 04:52 PM

Hi people! Not sunny here, alas! Still cloudy and rather dismal: 9 C (49 F), but supposed to warm up later in the day and really warm up briefly on Monday... high 80s F! Looking forward to that! No news of course being stuck indoors; but am really enjoying my own cooking after the hospital food. I miss Leia dreadfully; it did make sense to leave her at Carolyn's where she's happy as a clam rather than bring her home for a few days then back while I have the surgery and recoup. But the catless house is soooooo empty.

Mags, how is your back today?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi people! Not sunny here, alas! Still cloudy and rather dismal: 9 C (49 F), but supposed to warm up later in the day and really warm up briefly on Monday... high 80s F! Looking forward to that! No news of course being stuck indoors; but am really enjoying my own cooking after the hospital food. I miss Leia dreadfully; it did make sense to leave her at Carolyn's where she's happy as a clam rather than bring her home for a few days then back while I have the surgery and recoup. But the catless house is soooooo empty.

Mags, how is your back today?
Still rather painful Eileen - why is that when you can think of 101 things you should be doing, things like this happen! I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected Eileen, are you still able to sit out on your porch ... when the weather permits?
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Eileen, I can imagine how you're missing Leia, if only they could talk to us?
Mags, a bad back especially with all this lovely weather is no joke.
Today was even hotter, we took two of the grandchildren to a heavy horse rescue centre, magnificent and so intelligent (the horses).
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Still rather painful Eileen - why is that when you can think of 101 things you should be doing, things like this happen! I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected Eileen, are you still able to sit out on your porch ... when the weather permits?
Oh yes indeed, I have miles of tubing to drag around with the oxygen so getting on the porch is no problem at all; have already had drinks out there on the one warm day this week and looking forward to doing so tomorrow. I do hope the back improves; it is hard to have to sit in a chair when you want to be up and doing but can't. I hope Cassie will come and keep you company .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Mags, hope your back starts to improve soon-you'll just have to keep giving hubby your 'instructions' until your fighting fit again!

Eileen, know just how you feel about the lovely Leia. When I had surgery few years ago, the Hatti girl went to my Brothers for six weeks, and it was so quiet and empty without her. Only consolation was, she was happy and being well looked after, just like your Leia is. Drove my Brother daft keep ringing up to see how she was doing-told me no need to keep ringing as she was fine-just ignored him and carried on ringing

Very relaxing day today-walking this morning, then after dinner my Sister came and we spent the afternoon in the garden-I was weeding and she was supervising from the garden bench! Ran her home after tea and then watered plants in pots as very dry......

Hope you enjoy your few days away Barry...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top