Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 05:09 PM

Tight Fisted Manchester Airport.

Just learned that Manchester Airport is doing away with their "kiss and say goodbye" two lanes outside of Departures. This will also apply to the Train Station and Bus Station.
They say this is due to congestion and are going to instead charge those dropping passengers off £3 for 5 minutes and £4 for 10 minutes. For those not wishing to pay, there will be a shuttle bus a mile from the airport.

Money grabbing morons !! What do you think? I can see all airports quickly following suit.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 05:46 PM

Re: Tight Fisted Manchester Airport.

Chuck em out and yell good bye ? Sounds romantic
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 06:48 PM

All airports rip people off with parking. It's very lucrative for them and they have a monopoly on the land they occupy.

At my local airport there are large signs as soon as you drive onto the outskirts of the airport land which state that you may not stop anywhere on the approach roads meaning you can't drop people off before you get to the parking areas.

They will send security vehicles out if you do so and fine you.

They have the angles covered and are clearly operating a complete rip off scam, legally and unchallenged.

Just boycott airports imo and go on a cruise instead. Better in every conceivable way !
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Belfast International has been charging for drop off 5 years or more, its £1
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 06:49 AM

After many protests and a never ending battle with people using the departure (free) drop off area to pick people up Sydney airport has added "Express Pick up Zones" to their car parking where it is free to stay for 15 minutes.

Personally, now I just park a couple of minutes from the airport and wait for visitors/kids to ring me me to pick them up. Works well.

It also means the free kerb side drop zones outside the departure terminals are less crowded.

BTW the cunning bastards also have a "Premium Pick up Zone" half the distance from the terminal where you can pick up passengers for a $4 fee using your etag.

https://www.sydneyairport.com.au/inf...-international

There are similar arrangements at the domestic terminals.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 08:02 AM

A friend picked me up at Leeds and Bradford Airport last Friday the plane arrived on time but it was sometime before the cases came through.

The minimum charges are £3 for pickup that's for half an hour but we went over that by a few minutes ( because of the cases wait) so the charge went up to £9! Daylight robbery!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top