Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Where shall I post a thread?

At the suggestion of one of our Australian members (Gumbud), I am planning to post a picture/story thread of my family's journey to Oz after WW1, their time there on a farm, losing the farm due to the depression, and their subsequent return to England.

Can people suggest the best place to post this type of thread please?

Thanks

Fruity
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Re: Where shall I post a thread?

Fruity this is the right place I believe.
Other Leisure Activities - where stories and all sorts are posted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 02:05 PM

Or there is a travel and holidays section.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 02:21 PM

As it is a true story of your family’s move to Australia, I would post it in the Travel section Fruitcake... it sounds very interesting.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the replies. Whilst it is travel it's not holidays or leisure, hence the question. I suppose I could put it there and then post a link to it from General Chat.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Thanks for the replies. Whilst it is travel it's not holidays or leisure, hence the question. I suppose I could put it there and then post a link to it from General Chat.
Fruitcake, Travel and Holidays are two separate subjects so it would be perfectly alright in that section.

It would soon be lost in the General Chat section with all the posts in there.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top