Join for free
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Build your own house.......... maybe ?

I've just been reading this story. A company in Texas is starting to build new houses, using a computer 3D printer. It's only on a small scale yet, but could this be where the future lies ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43411581
If you've got a 3D printer sitting next to your laptop, perhaps you could download plans and build your own extension. It will save waiting in for the brickies to turn up.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Re: Build your own house.......... maybe ?

Looks good, but I don't have a 3D printer, and I am too old for all that.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:19 PM

I did a night school class to learn bricklaying, then a built then a built a porch at home. It took me the whole summer though, 'cos i had to keep knocking it down and starting again, to get the walls straight. So a 3D thing must be a something that'll help.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I did a night school class to learn bricklaying, then a built then a built a porch at home. It took me the whole summer though, 'cos i had to keep knocking it down and starting again, to get the walls straight. So a 3D thing must be a something that'll help.
I have seen lots of programs about them Sam.
They really are the future I suppose.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Back in the the 50 /60 people joined together to offer their services in return for help in something else in building a house each
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 12:55 AM

My parents spent my dad's military career designing and planning to build their permanent home. With the help of my grandmother, and a little from us kids, they built the entire house, except to have the full basement poured. It took them 2.5 years to complete - but they did it the old school way. Don't tell them that there might be an easier method . I'm still amazed and proud of them that they accomplished it:

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top