Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:28 AM

Grenfell Fraud.

Hi

Another one convicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43415021

I do hope she gets a long time inside.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 07:32 AM

Re: Grenfell Fraud.

So do I what what a greedy horrible woman
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:07 AM

It was a terrible disaster, and i felt sorry not just for those that died, but for the survivors who had lost everything. But when so much was done to collect money for them, i couldn't help but ask why ? There have been other disasters in different parts of the Country which have happend and hardly got a mention, and certainly not received the amount of Govt help that Grenfell received.
Is this just one more pointer to the north/south devide.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
It was a terrible disaster, and i felt sorry not just for those that died, but for the survivors who had lost everything. But when so much was done to collect money for them, i couldn't help but ask why ? There have been other disasters in different parts of the Country which have happend and hardly got a mention, and certainly not received the amount of Govt help that Grenfell received.
Is this just one more pointer to the north/south devide.
Hi Sam

It is a divide but nothing to do with North/South.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:45 AM

I agree.
The divide is between the honest and the conniving who take advantage of the British people's humanity and generosity.
Also our gullibility anxiety not to be seen as racist .
Few other country would have responded to this disaster as the Britishhave done .
It's also shows that we should have ID cards and records of exactly who lives where .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree.
The divide is between the honest and the conniving who take advantage of the British people's humanity and generosity.
Also our gullibility anxiety not to be seen as racist .
Few other country would have responded to this disaster as the Britishhave done .
It's also shows that we should have ID cards and records of exactly who lives where .

It's ridiculous that anyone was able to make a false claim in the first place. Surely the council has records of who lived there legitimately and who didn't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

It's ridiculous that anyone was able to make a false claim in the first place. Surely the council has records of who lived there legitimately and who didn't.
Hi

Unfortunately not Longdogs.

Illegal subletting is very common,gone are the days of Estate Officers and regular inspections.

Some of the flats were leasehold,so down to the landlords of those flats.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-03-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately not Longdogs.

Illegal subletting is very common,gone are the days of Estate Officers and regular inspections.

Some of the flats were leasehold,so down to the landlords of those flats.
Yes, I can see what you are saying in that the flats were rented out but would council tax records not prove who is legitimate? Anyone who isn't registered is not legit surely?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I can see what you are saying in that the flats were rented out but would council tax records not prove who is legitimate? Anyone who isn't registered is not legit surely?
Hi

People fiddle Council Tax all the time,Landlords often take sub letting rent cash in hand, that is how the illegals live.

There are hundreds of thousands of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

People fiddle Council Tax all the time,Landlords often take sub letting rent cash in hand, that is how the illegals live.

There are hundreds of thousands of them.
Sadly correct.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top