Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Sad News

As you probably know we adopt animals, well today we got some bad news about one of the dogs that we adopt.

Barney, a Springer Spaniel, had deteriorated last month with his health and visiting the vet they found that he had a serious heart condition which got worse so the Dogs Trust decide to put him to sleep.

I know that adopted animals are not like the ones in your family but I will miss him and the letters he sends.

The dogs trust have found us another dog to adopt so we will still have three adopted dogs and three adopted Donkeys.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Re: Sad News

Sorry to hear this news about your adopted dog AB. Even though they are not with you physically, am sure you get to know them well through newsletters etc. My Nephew adopted a Rottweiler who was in The Ark Rescue Kennels in Derbyshire and couldn't be rehomed because of all the ill treatment he had received. He loved getting the letters from him, but sadly he had to be put to sleep about 6 months ago due to 'old age'. My Nephew was really upset when they told him, but has now adopted a Lurcher who also cannot be rehomed-has many behavioural problems due to ill treatment also, so Nephew is happy again......
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Sorry about Barney AB. You do get attached them, don't you? I carried my Dogs Trust foster dog Spike's photo around with me in my purse for years and loved all the cards and letters too until he was pts. They gave me another dog to foster who's been treated cruelly all his life. Still think of Spike though, as you will your Barney.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2011, 09:38 AM

Sad news indeed AB, please accept my condolences...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2011, 02:18 PM

So sorry to hear about Barney, AB .... he is at peace now with no more suffering.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2011, 05:54 PM

AB - That's a lovely thing to be doing and so sorry about Barney, I can never understand why people are cruel to animals and dogs in particular since they give us unqualified love and devotion always.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2011, 07:05 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

We adopted another dog yesterday when I went onto the Dogs Trust website. I do feel sorry for unwanted animals. Their love is genuine as they do not know the word 'Decietful '.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top