Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:54 PM

Neighbour

My neighbour has the attitude that because she is old [ 92, 10 years older than me] people should do for her,yes she has arthritis, so do most older people, she does not have heart /high B.P/diabetes etc,she has often asked me to do things for her,,if she goes out via taxi/ community tramsportshe clings on to their arms. Someone we know comes to her house to cut her hair and she asks me if Id like to have mine done at the same time.I was unable to have mine done 5 weeks ago,due to Dr appointment,so Ive waited ,for her to return from a 4 week trip to India.She rang me to say she will have hers done tomorrow,did I want mine done,Yes my hair is a mess,but I have a clinic appt.so I cant do it, but I asked if she would wait till Monday,her reply was " You ring J but I want mine done friday,its got long" .Surely a couple more days wont make much difference ,she doesnt go out
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Neighbour

no it wouldn't make a difference to her hair but perhaps its a routine thing, some elderly folk are sticklers for routine, I know my dad is, funnily enough he will only have his hair cut on a Friday too lol. Some people also like to be run after and want other people to do things for them, I think I would prefer to try remain independent personally. By the time you get yours done at this rate your hair will be down to your backside hehe
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:44 PM

Without knowing the lady in question, I can't make a fair comment Deylon, but
at a glance I'm afraid I don't agree with you.

For a start, I think 92 is a wonderful age to reach, and I would certainly help her.
Secondly, I thought it was rather kind of her to offer to 'share' her hairdresser, and ring you to let you know when she is coming.

You say you had to miss out last time because you had a Doc's appt. and so you had to wait 9 weeks to get your hair cut - why? I don't understand? Could you not have just phoned and made your own appointment, do you have her contact number?
I agree with Lion Queen here, I would much rather be independent.

You say yours is in a mess now, but there are many mobile hairdressers, so even if that one couldn't return, could you not have rung another, or pop in a local hairdressers just for this once?

I'm really sorry, and I certainly don't want to offend you in any way, but if I was using someone else's hairdresser while she was visiting, I certainly would not also expect her to change her chosen appointment time to suit me.

Sounds to me as if you'd do better making your own arrangements with a hairdresser (even a different one even), rather than falling out over a clash of plans/appointments.

If my neighbour told me her hairdresser was coming and did I want mine cut at the same time, I'd think that thoughtful of her, and wouldn't dream of expecting her to change her appointment to fit my timetable.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I am just being honest.

P.S. My lovely hairdresser comes to my home, and before she leaves we always make the next appt. in advance.
Could you not do that?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 09:18 AM

I too think you should make your own appointment Deylon.

If this hairdresser can't do it there are plenty more who do home visits.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
My neighbour has the attitude that because she is old [ 92, 10 years older than me] people should do for her,yes she has arthritis, so do most older people, she does not have heart /high B.P/diabetes etc,she has often asked me to do things for her,,if she goes out via taxi/ community tramsportshe clings on to their arms. Someone we know comes to her house to cut her hair and she asks me if Id like to have mine done at the same time.I was unable to have mine done 5 weeks ago,due to Dr appointment,so Ive waited ,for her to return from a 4 week trip to India.She rang me to say she will have hers done tomorrow,did I want mine done,Yes my hair is a mess,but I have a clinic appt.so I cant do it, but I asked if she would wait till Monday,her reply was " You ring J but I want mine done friday,its got long" .Surely a couple more days wont make much difference ,she doesnt go out
I don't see it as a problem, why should you rely on your neighbour in that way? If she wants her hair down on a Friday that is up to her, you make your own arrangements!

I put the clippers over the hair of my husband and myself every Friday.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 09:57 AM

I expect that you feel a bit hurt that you have put yourself out for her in the past and she is not willing to wait for two days so you can both have your hair done together as you usually do. Learn from that and make your own arrangements. It's hurtful feeling let down but put it in perspective and don't let it upset you.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 10:46 PM

First the hairdresser is not ' her hairdresser ',she was mine first but I introduced her to my neighbour, I did not like to ask the hairdresser to come to me again after she was next door a few days ago,it seems a bit of a cheek, she only charges £3 for a hair cut .I am not well enough to go to my hairdressers home [where she works from ] now like I used to do,so I have made arrangements for her to come to me on Monday. As to my neighbours age there are others I know who are older and very independent, old age is not an excuse ,especially these days with an ageing population, to expect others to do things for you, we all have problems, she expects people to do everything for her .I am 10 years younger but have a lot of health conditions,her problems are poor circulation,
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 10:51 PM

First the hairdresser is not ' her hairdresser ',she was mine first but I introduced her to my neighbour, I did not like to ask the hairdresser to come to me again after she was next door a few days ago,it seems a bit of a cheek, she only charges £3 for a hair cut .I am not well enough to go to my hairdressers home [where she works from ] now like I used to do,so I have made arrangements for her to come to me on Monday. As to my neighbours age there are others I know who are older and very independent, old age is not an excuse ,especially these days with an ageing population, to expect others to do things for you, we all have problems, she expects people to do everything for her .I am 10 years younger but have a lot of health conditions,her problems are poor circulation,
Glad to hear you got an appointment sorted Deylon, sorry to hear your health isn't too good though
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:32 AM

You don't own the hairdresser! You are very fortunate to have someone who practically give her services for free, so stop moaning about it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:50 AM

Hi

Neighbours can be good or bad.

I have one bad neighbour, let it go, I have enough problems to sort out.

Thursday this week enough was enough, dealt with,life is much better now.

There are times that you just have to draw a line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top