Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:13 AM

999 Calls

I've just been watching Bbc Breakfast and there was a report on it that the same people are resonsible for thousands of 999 calls It was the same all over the country, with one person making hundreds of calls a year.
They didn't say what sort of calls, but that would be interesting ............ The cat has gone missing ??............ I've run out of curry powder ???............ The radio isn't working ???
Could they block these numbers or charge them for the wasted time ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43293581
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Re: 999 Calls

These people are sadly in need of some sort of help. But it’s also certain that despite the controllers knowing who these people are they cannot ignore their call, simply because the day they do could be the day they really should have gone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
These people are sadly in need of some sort of help. But it’s also certain that despite the controllers knowing who these people are they cannot ignore their call, simply because the day they do could be the day they really should have gone.
I agree Tezza. The real problem is that these people call 999 because that is the only way they can get help, but it does cause serious delays for those who are in urgent medical need and it costs the NHS money that could be put to better use.

The 111 service do ask questions to establish if the need is urgent and, where it is they tell them to call an ambulance. Where it isn't urgent a triage nurse will call them back to advise them. Maybe some of these calls could be passed to 111?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:39 AM

111 is a great service. On the 3 times I've called them, once I really did need an ambulance and was taken in straight away. Twice I was given advice to contact my G.P. in the morning.

The idea that some people constantly call 999 leads me to believe there must be a lot of people with mental health/drug and alcohol problems out there. Sad that the miscreants can't just be ignored
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I've just been watching Bbc Breakfast and there was a report on it that the same people are resonsible for thousands of 999 calls It was the same all over the country, with one person making hundreds of calls a year.
They didn't say what sort of calls, but that would be interesting ............ The cat has gone missing ??............ I've run out of curry powder ???............ The radio isn't working ???
Could they block these numbers or charge them for the wasted time ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43293581
Anyone making a nuisance call of this sort should be sent down for a week or two.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Many make the 999 because they have MH problems.
This needs sorting.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Many make the 999 because they have MH problems.
This needs sorting.
In which case they need to be sent to a mental institution, to be sorted out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
In which case they need to be sent to a mental institution, to be sorted out.

You're probably right, except that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) closed all the mental hospitals many years ago.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

07-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You're probably right, except that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) closed all the mental hospitals many years ago.
Don't make daft statements!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Don't make daft statements!

Its not daft, it is, regrettably, bloody true, that that evil witch and her scumbag 'nasty party' were responsible for the closure of dozens of mental health hospitals across the country under her stupid 'care in the community' policies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top