Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:36 AM

The Common Touch.

Hi

The difference between our Politicians and others.

Ours are stuffed shirts, full of their own importance.

Contrast that with the Obamas of this world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-u...-portrait-girl

You would never get Theresa May doing that.

The most arrogant of the bunch that I have ever met was Blair, closely followed by Harriet Harmon.

I have never met Diane Abbott.

Those of my Ex Colleagues who have, predominantly white males, have simply been ignored or beratted.

One of my Ex Colleagues has.

She is white,blue eyed and was treated like scum by Abbott.

That is until she said she was a Iraqi Muslim.

Says it all really.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 05:05 AM

Re: The Common Touch.

My brother visiting from the UK in February said several times when he was watching our news (of pollies in their electorates campaigning during state elections) that you rarely see British MPs out of suits and certainly not drinking beer in pubs.

When we were out shopping I introduced him to our local Federal MP who was having a coffee with his researcher in the local shopping mall and he commented that he had never even met his local MP. (Before you get too excited he only knows me because he visits the Seniors club I am secretary of so we are on nodding terms when I see him in the street.)

I took him to visit the NSW Parliament where I complained about the security we had to pass to get in (a pair of chatty male and female cops) and he laughed!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:19 AM

You seem to have a down on the UK Bruce, I know my MP he sometimes pops in for coffee, yes when he is representing us he wears a suit, I admire that. I also know our local Bobby and his family. I have pals who live in Australia they have high walls and security gates....you have your problems just as we do it's just a bit more spread out because there are fewer of you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You seem to have a down on the UK Bruce, I know my MP he sometimes pops in for coffee, yes when he is representing us he wears a suit, I admire that. I also know our local Bobby and his family. I have pals who live in Australia they have high walls and security gates....you have your problems just as we do it's just a bit more spread out because there are fewer of you.
Why do you say I have down on the UK? I didn't mention the UK other than to repeat something my brother said. Sensitive or what? I suggest you read the OP and comment on that.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why do you say I have down on the UK? I didn't mention the UK other than to repeat something my brother said. Sensitive or what?
Just from most of your posts. Sorry if I'm wrong but it's how they read to me.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 01:51 PM

I met and chatted with my local MP a few times. I didn't like him.
I use to drive a Black Cab and he often phoned for a taxi, especially when he was going back to London. He always asked for a receipt, so he could claim for it on his expences. But he didn't want any figures on the receipt, he wanted it left blank. That wasn't unusual, people who were perhaps going to hospitals and back while they were making insurance claims wanted a handful of blank receipts. But 'cos i didn't like this MP, i refused him. I told him i had to fill it in properley. He told me other drivers had given blank receipts, but still i wouldn't.
The next time his job came off the radio and i answered, the operator told me, he doesn't want you.
I wonder why ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Just from most of your posts. Sorry if I'm wrong but it's how they read to me.
They read the same to me Summer, it always seems that he is saying that Australia is better than the UK.
I am sure that both countries have good points and bad points, but then we are 2 different countries with different ways of life!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 03:59 PM

I know my MP personally, often write emails to her and receive responses within a few days. Have seen her travelling on the same bus as I and couple of years ago assisted me and my luggage into the train when I was going on holiday.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

08-03-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They read the same to me Summer, it always seems that he is saying that Australia is better than the UK.
I am sure that both countries have good points and bad points, but then we are 2 different countries with different ways of life!
I would love you to show me where I have said that and especially how you arrive at that conclusion from my post in this thread.

My only long term theme about Britain is political and that it is "lions led by donkeys" but if this is how preciously sensitive you are then I might have to reconsider the 'lions' bit.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:34 AM

Well I'm not particularly sensitive on forums and they are absolutely right Bruce .
Australia is a wonderful country but it would seem you have adopted some of the more unfortunate Aussie national characteristics of arrogance and boorishness as regards the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top