Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Serial Killers

At present on TV we are invited into High Security Prisons in U S A, and U K, to see Serial Killers being interviewed by TV Presenters and Authors. They seem to crave Celebrity status.
Most of them are happy to recall the gory details of how they viciously murdered innocent young women and boys. If they get paid for these interviews, should it not go to the families of the murdered victims?
Very few are contrite and can’t explain why the committed these atrocious crimes.
They all look very well fed and apparently have ac cess to TV, Computers and can take Education courses as well
What sort of punishment is that? Apart from the high cost of keeping them in Prison
Why can’t they have a spell in a dungeon without any facilities till they show some remorse?
There was one Serial Killer in USA who was convicted of killing 13 woman in a small Town.
He was a pillar of society and had a good job ,married with children
He had horrible staring eyes and when aske by Piers if he had killed any one he said he had never met them any of the women, even though his DNA had been found on or inside all of them
The Police had framed him and put it there, he insisted. It must have been a miracle!
Can you believe that some women actually want to befriend them and even marry them?
Even if they some can’t mix with other prisoners and lose their liberty the ‘Punishment does not fit the Crime’ They are probably glad to be alone so they can gloat over the power they had to end a person’s life.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:44 PM

Re: Serial Killers

I have watched these programs, Azure.
I like the programs that build a psychological profile of these killers.
Often it is something that happened in childhood.

People wanting to marry them! I can't work that out.
But then I think, why was Myra Hindley attracted to Ian Brady.
The Moors murders are well before my time, but such evil!!!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have watched these programs, Azure.
I like the programs that build a psychological profile of these killers.
Often it is something that happened in childhood.

People wanting to marry them! I can't work that out.
But then I think, why was Myra Hindley attracted to Ian Brady.
The Moors murders are well before my time, but such evil!!!!
I think that some people are born evil.

Some where brought up by respectable families other saddly had indifferent bad parents.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:52 PM

I saw that, I also saw last week a programme about death row where pharmacists were refusing to give out madazolam drug for the lethal injection so the state of Arkansas I think it was were rushing through wanting to end the lives of 8 people on the row quickly. Many people don't believe in the death penalty and I have mixed feelings about it. I do however sometimes think if someone has carried out a premeditated murder with absolute sure evidence that they did it then it should be a life for a life and to keep them in prison costs the taxpayer a tremendous amount of money. Why should we pay to keep them alive if they have no regard for other human life. I cannot get my head around or understand why any woman would want to befriend a serial killer unless they are narcissists themselves who knows. The murderous mind really interests me and I wish I had gone into psychology lol. I wish we didn't have such evil in this world but we do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:52 PM

This peculiar need in some women, to want to be in love or marry a killer, has acutally got a name, but I couldn't remember it.
I have just googled it though and found this.
It really is a known 'condition.'

"Hybristophilia is a paraphilia in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities, or crime—such as rape, murder, or armed robbery."

Weird, scary people out there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I saw that, I also saw last week a programme about death row where pharmacists were refusing to give out madazolam drug for the lethal injection so the state of Arkansas I think it was were rushing through wanting to end the lives of 8 people on the row quickly. Many people don't believe in the death penalty and I have mixed feelings about it. I do however sometimes think if someone has carried out a premeditated murder with absolute sure evidence that they did it then it should be a life for a life and to keep them in prison costs the taxpayer a tremendous amount of money. Why should we pay to keep them alive if they have no regard for other human life. I cannot get my head around or understand why any woman would want to befriend a serial killer unless they are narcissists themselves who knows. The murderous mind really interests me and I wish I had gone into psychology lol. I wish we didn't have such evil in this world but we do.
I have been watching this .
These were horrible murders whom the killers admitted they had done.
The bad thing was keeping them alive for 21+ years before euthanising them.
The drug is no big deal it's only an anesthesa to put them to sleep it's not the drug that kills them .
Vets put down animals painlessly everyday why is it such a big deal with humans?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:18 AM

FAR FAR FAR to much crime on television, the fascination and glorification by TV companies for this sort of programme has now become an epidemic and in my opinion not healthy, enough is enough.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:44 AM

I agree there is too much fascination with crime...as for the death penalty, if there is the remotest possibility that someone is innocent then there should be no death penalty.

I'm often surprised by how soon sentence was passed after the verdict in death penalty cases in the past. This country has killed innocent people.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 07:10 AM

I've also seen most true crime documentaries on TV and the serial killer interviews. There's something fascinating for me to explore the lives of people so far removed from "normal" society. As far as the lack of euthanasia drugs is concerned, I don't understand why these States don't just resort to a different method of ending these lives. What's wrong with firing squads with, say, just one live bullet and the rest blanks so no individual feels personally responsible for the deed? It's probably quicker than drugs anyway.

I'm also ambivalent about the death penalty but it does seem a waste of money keeping people behind bars for decades. As for women who want to marry these men - I have another word for them which doesn't sound so much like a rare shrub but rhymes with pain.

It does make you wonder how many killers are out there, uncaught, doesn't it?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 07:46 AM

With advances in DNA more cold cases than ever are being uncovered now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top