Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:08 PM

one year on from weekly bin collections ? ( discussion and all views welcome )

one year on from weekly bin collections ? ( discussion and all views welcome ) 04.03.18

i no longer dump

the buzz will not be scored

not prepared to be used like steak rump

i new complaints would have soared.

for those unaware

change took place on waste

one year on and its time to share

the conservative in me i taste.

it is all down statistically

a picture it paints

labour raising the red flag consistently

having concede again to complaints.

making gains are the blues

with them to often objections

not sure if me and teresa will cruise

but out of the question is labour in local elections.

henry newman is a inventor

also standing making a conservative chance healthy

for your brilliant word i'm a renter

wikipedia have to enter your word "belfie".

fly tipping is spiralling

to the solution of course is objection

clean clear camden will have all smiling

tick tock to the weekly bin collection.

https://ibb.co/bswp3S
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: one year on from weekly bin collections ? ( discussion and all views welcome )

Our labour council has just introduced fortnightly collections after years of saying they would not do so. Mainly due to the constant cuts by the Tories.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Re: one year on from weekly bin collections ? ( discussion and all views welcome )

I've been on four-weekly bin collections for about twelve months now as I was in the trial area. Now it's been given the go ahead for the whole county.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...93#share-tools
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:37 PM

We've been on fortnightly collections for years. Rubbish one week, recycling the next. I have personally not experienced any problems with it.

However, when recycling was introduced all households with gardens were given a green wheelie bin for garden refuse to be used for composting. This year the council have decided to introduce a £50 per year charge for continued use of this service.

So, they are going to charge us (twice, as we already pay council tax) to use something that we didn't want in the first place.

I won't be paying this charge, it will go to landfill.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:05 PM

We are fortnightly collections, used to be weekly, so now we go to the Tip with our waste.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:22 PM

Hi

The Tories promised a return to weekly bin collections.

It has not been done.

I am currently fighting a case for an elderly person,now sadly housebound, fresh out of Hospital.

They are on Basic Pension.

The Council are insisting that they get a Doctor to sign the form.

This does not entitle them to a Home Visit,they cannot get to the GP and in any event the GP charges, which they cannot afford to pay.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:33 PM

I'm sure it's been longer than a year.

In some respects I am happy. The green bin (food and garden waste) is collected weekly, although this could easily be fortnightly in the winter.

The brown bin (plastics) is usually fortnightly.

The blue bin (paper and card) is four-weekly.

We can manage with all of those.

The black bin (general waste), however, is fortnightly and when you consider it is a much smaller bin than the others it is always full to bursting on collection day.

The council, in their wisdom, have recently mentioned that the lid may be open to an angle of 45 degrees! Obviously, there have been complaints.

Perhaps it would have been better to provide a bin of the same capacity as the other three or, better still, provide weekly collections.

I wonder whether there will be changes after we are our own free country again. I'm not holding my breath!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Tories promised a return to weekly bin collections.

It has not been done.

I am currently fighting a case for an elderly person,now sadly housebound, fresh out of Hospital.

They are on Basic Pension.

The Council are insisting that they get a Doctor to sign the form.

This does not entitle them to a Home Visit,they cannot get to the GP and in any event the GP charges, which they cannot afford to pay.
That is so sad.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 05:08 PM

We have been on fortnightly collections for a couple of years now, no problems. Plus we have to pay £40 for green bin garden waste fortnightly collections. We are not allowed to dispose of garden refuse in the normal black bin for stuff that goes into the landfill.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
We have been on fortnightly collections for a couple of years now, no problems. Plus we have to pay £40 for green bin garden waste fortnightly collections. We are not allowed to dispose of garden refuse in the normal black bin for stuff that goes into the landfill.
Some councils are just becoming too greedy.

I bet that most of your neighbours tend to use composting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top