Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:03 PM

Sky TV Price Increase

Hi

I had an email telling me my Monthly Subscription was going up from£32 to £33.50 for my variety package.

It is hell on earth to log on and change it, they do not give you the option clearly.

I phoned them,even then you are advised to do it on line.

I persevered, got cut off when told I would be transferred to cancellations.

Tried again,same thing happened.

Third time,I just said I wanted to cancel entirely.

Informed there was a 9 minute wait and advised to go online.

I waited,more like 30 seconds.

You can reduce to £25 a month,but you will lose all the kids channels, no problem, all available on Freeview was my response.

Would you like us to do that?

Nope I said, it is £20 for new Customers, just cancel my account,I have others living here, so we will just open a new account.

Immediate response, you can have it for £20 a month.

Now £13.50 a month is not going to kill me, but it is the principle.

I am giving it to my local Food Bank rather than money robbing gits.

Perseverance is the thing,keep going at them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Re: Sky TV Price Increase

I would not use Sky under any circumstances, they will lure you into a contract and then after the first year start to up the monthly payment. They think that many people are too busy to notice. Also you are not supposed to view Sky in Europe but they have a subsidiary company where you can pay and get the service (You do need a big dish) when I came to cancel my subscription they told me what I was doing was illegal

Customer service is abyssmal and like you say all anyone wants is on Freeview apart from the moronic football and some other sports.

Don't know how long I'm gonna live but I can guarantee that however long it is I will NEVER be a SKY subscriber again
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Always worth haggling!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:26 PM

That was inevitable now that Murdoch has entered a bidding war.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:31 PM

I have had no email from Sky about a price increase.

I pay £6.75 per month for the Original Bundle. I think the price was discounted because they say l have been a loyal customer, or was it because l told them l wanted to cancel last year?!!

Anyway, l am quite happy with Sky. I only really have it for Sky Atlantic as they have some really good stuff on there.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:44 PM

We aren't interested in having Sky, but it seems quite cheap..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:48 PM

I wouldn't dream of paying for Sky TV, but then I don't like football.

Paying the TV Tax is bad enough, especially as the BBC is so politically biased.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We aren't interested in having Sky, but it seems quite cheap..

What's cheaper than free??? I wouldn't give Rupert Murdoch a penny piece!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top