Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:36 PM

Childhood places

What Places Do You Remember Fondly From Childhood?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: Childhood places

I spent a lot of time during my school summer holidays on the beach in my home island. I also enjoyed the visiting the small island of Herm, once or twice a week in the summer, sailing there on the cabin cruiser belonging to a couple of my uncles.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Visiting all the museums in London, Natural History, science, geological, Victoria & Albert, Imperial war.

The cruises on the Thames from Westminster down to Greenwich & back.

TThe train rides to and from London, sometimes riding the Brighton Belle.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Clevedon, going rock-pooling!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Mull and some off the other Hebridean Islands.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:21 PM

Holidays and beaches
One in particular in Cornwall where we (dad,mum,two brothers and me) stayed in a static caravan for the first time.
It was literally right on the beach with golden sands and the weather was scorching all week
The freedom I felt, I remember it
While the rest of the family ate a leisurely cooked breakfast in the mornings I would walk to the top of the cliff overlooking the cove. I'd sit there for a good half an hour (strict instructions)
I felt like one of the seagulls up there in the warm wind
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Holidays and beaches
One in particular in Cornwall where we (dad,mum,two brothers and me) stayed in a static caravan for the first time.
It was literally right on the beach with golden sands and the weather was scorching all week
The freedom I felt, I remember it
While the rest of the family ate a leisurely cooked breakfast in the mornings I would walk to the top of the cliff overlooking the cove. I'd sit there for a good half an hour (strict instructions)
I felt like one of the seagull up there in the warm wind
I know I am weird, but for some unknown reason I dislike Cornwall, I find it creepy. We have had a couple of holidays there when our children were young, we look our caravan down there.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:39 PM

Our annual holiday was always in a caravan at Bridlington. How I looked forward to those two weeks at the seaside.

Butlins in those days was an advert on TV, never thought I would ever go. However, one year we did, what a disappointment, nothing could compare to those caravan holidays.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:59 PM

None, I never went on holiday as a child, and only had one holiday (one week) in the twenty years of my marriage.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Blackpool! As a child my parents took us there every single year for our holidays. I got to know Blackpool like the back of my hand and was quite at home there. I have such fond memories of Blackpool, the beach, the donkeys, the candy floss, fish and chips, the pleasure beach, the piers, the tower, the list is endless. I will always have a soft spot for Blackpool even though its a mucky 'ole now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top