Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:25 PM

Shopping for clothes on line

Do you shop for clothes on line? I have seen some things I would like to purchase, but it is hard to know if they will fit or even if they would look good on me.

Anyone tried it?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Re: Shopping for clothes on line

I've bought a few things, a couple of jerseys which fitted well but generally will drag myself to a store to buy clothing - I need to size it and see if I like it in person.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you shop for clothes on line? I have seen some things I would like to purchase, but it is hard to know if they will suite you or not, or even if they will fit.

Anyone tried it?
No,, Blue, have never bought clothes online - I like to feel fabrics and see how they hang or move when on. I remember my mum had a mail order catalogue and bought clothes for us when we were children - and it was often a disappointment because they were never as nice as they looked in the pictures. Maybe that is why I don't do it now.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:10 PM

All the time, I can't get what I want in the shops these days..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:17 PM

Have bought a few items from Cotton Traders and the quality and fit has been good so far.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:55 PM

I used to when I had the Gratton catalogue. You could send back things that didn't fit & they paid postage. Now I go to shops to try on.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:07 PM

Sometimes, and some garments fit where they touch!
It is easy to return them for a refund and often postage paid

'Brand Alley' sell Designer labels with 70% off.

There is one site were all the fashions are £5.00 each only.
Not sure about the quality?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:16 PM

I buy most of my clothes online. I've been pretty lucky and only send stuff back occasionally. I bought a lovely and warm bonmarche scarf because someone here posted they had a sale. Wear it all the time in this snowy weather. I think it cost £8!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:18 PM

It's a nightmare! I don't use Ebay anymore because all their clothes seem to come from Hong Kong. If I order a XXL t-shirt in normal UK size, I have to order, no joke, a 5XL in their size to ensure it fits me (I'm not fat btw!).
Shorts are the same, they are just too tight on the legs and bot.

I prefer Amazon. At least their size charts are relatively accurate.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->

'Brand Alley' sell Designer labels with 70% off.
I use them all the time. It's my go-to place for a bargain outfit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top