Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:45 AM

I got out to the chemist and supermarket today..

..but it was tough going although not too far.

I'm lucky in that I bought Caterpillar boots 3 years ago but have never worn them until today - no other footwear would have done except Wellies which I don't have. I went to the chemist first and all my meds were waiting for me.

And I'm pleased I managed to get some fruit as I hadn't had any for a couple of days.

Roads and pavements all treacherous, I had to watch where I was going: one footstep might only have been a couple of inches, the other a good 8 inches as the snow had piled up very unevenly, blown by the arctic wind.

I bought a Scotch Pie, a meat and onion pie, some egg mayonnaise in a tub, cheesey baps, bananas, apples and grapes, peanut butter, pesto sauce, bacon and some onions. My arms still aren't right so this was about as much as I could carry. I still have milk to buy but can get this from the shop downstairs. I've also got lots of porridge in. Hopefully this lot will do me 'til Sunday or Monday.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Re: I got out to the chemist and supermarket today..

I had a Kids Breakfast at Sainsbury's this morning.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 11:58 AM

That's interesting: what is in the Kid's Breakfast?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:02 PM

One piece of Toast, a Fried Egg, Beans, a Hash Brown and a Sausage.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I had a Kids Breakfast at Sainsbury's this morning.
Did not the parent kick up?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Whilst in the store, I bought some Cheese and a Spanish Onion, to make my Sandwich for dinner.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-03-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
One piece of Toast, a Fried Egg, Beans, a Hash Brown and a Sausage.
That sounds OK - not too heavy, how much was it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-03-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Did not the parent kick up?
No, I did a swop for my Porridge.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That sounds OK - not too heavy, how much was it?
I think it was £2.75 ish.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
..but it was tough going although not too far.

I'm lucky in that I bought Caterpillar boots 3 years ago but have never worn them until today - no other footwear would have done except Wellies which I don't have. I went to the chemist first and all my meds were waiting for me.

And I'm pleased I managed to get some fruit as I hadn't had any for a couple of days.

Roads and pavements all treacherous, I had to watch where I was going: one footstep might only have been a couple of inches, the other a good 8 inches as the snow had piled up very unevenly, blown by the arctic wind.

I bought a Scotch Pie, a meat and onion pie, some egg mayonnaise in a tub, cheesey baps, bananas, apples and grapes, peanut butter, pesto sauce, bacon and some onions. My arms still aren't right so this was about as much as I could carry. I still have milk to buy but can get this from the shop downstairs. I've also got lots of porridge in. Hopefully this lot will do me 'til Sunday or Monday.
Well done Ffosse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top