Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:53 AM

Quiet places

Where is the quietest place you have ever been?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:08 AM

Re: Quiet places

Down a disused coal mine. It was also the darkest place I have ever been.
It was a profound experience.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:12 AM

Here right now, it's still dark and the snow is falling, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Here right now, it's still dark and the snow is falling, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse
Don't scare me like that, Summer, I haven't even started making my Christmas cards yet !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:47 AM

In the middle of the night my bedroom is absolutely still and quiet. When not asleep I like to lie there, maybe with my vaper, taking in the silence.

I'm sure there are quieter places, I simply can't think of any right now.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:52 AM

The viewing "chapel" in an undertakers, complete with open coffins plus "residents", at 5 in the morning!
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:02 AM

been over to dark side - can not remember a thing but apparently not quiet in hell.

thank the lord he saved me as promised poems will make a noise.

seriously now - always find when I go cemetery's they are very tranquil and quiet and peaceful and it is so nice to escape.

sorry to be morbid.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Don't scare me like that, Summer, I haven't even started making my Christmas cards yet !
Only ten months to Christmas
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Only ten months to Christmas
Thats it!!!!

Im off to make porridge and get dressed...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:34 AM

On a few occasions while out in natures wild places, especially on hot, windless days. Usually around midday, no bird sounds or traffic, in fact as far away from Man's (or woman's) influence on the landscape. Just to stop and listen to the silence is indeed a rare thing in today's busy world...

Or an empty church......It seems almost vulgar to make a sound, while admiring the architecture and history behind such a magnificent building. Religion must have been so important to the citizens who commissioned, financed and built it. Only the Muslim faith can justify the erection of such magnificent structures these days. No less beautiful though, although I've never been in one....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top