Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Lybia, here we go again?

Can we never keep our noses out of other people's business? There are dozens of nasty, corrupt dictatorships in the world. Is it really up to us to sort them all out?

I despair of our governments in recent years, Britain has become a real warmonger. This will turn out to be another Pandora's Box, and they are just about to lift the lid...
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Re: Lybia, here we go again?

We gotta keep that oil flowing plantman!

Especially now nuclear is becoming kind of unpopular!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 11:48 AM

As I understand things, it is the UN who have made the decision to do something about Gadaffi and what he is doing to his people in Libya. The decision has been made collectively and incudes Arab states as well as USA, France, GB. and others countries. It is not just GB on their own.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 07:43 PM

What's that old saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" ;this will all end in tears....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
What's that old saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" ;this will all end in tears....
It will certainly cost us money we don't have -the government says we are broke, but they will find money for this!
I don't know how strong Gadaffi actually is and how much damage he will be able to wreak on his people and others before it is finished. I also don't know how firmly the other arab nations are behind the decisions made by the UN. I hope the experts who should know actually do know these things and that the actions being taken are swift and decisive enough to sort it; fully supported by everyone and not just ending up with one or two countries ending up out on a limb.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top