Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Life goes on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12783874

So, How long do you want to live?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Re: Life goes on.

I would like to live long enough to see my grandchilden grow up and be independent - probably another 25 years until or so until I am 90. However, if I became so infirm that I couldn't look after myself I would not want to linger.
The other thing to think about also is if we are all going to live longer, we have to have the security of a decent health service and reasonable financial resources to be able to make the most of what we have left to us.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 03:24 PM

I remember that "The Who" sang, "I hope I die before I get old".

There's the secret! Never get old ! ...
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Every day I wake up is a bonus, suppose the Cancer does that to you.

I am at peace now that my Family are OK and at peace with me, we Love each other.

Please all, hold on to every moment and be a great person, one who will beremember well.

Perhaps you can be helping others, bit of voluntary work, or just have a chat to a lonely soul.

Come on Smile A Mile

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top