Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 06:48 AM

Good morning Tuesday

Good morning all, a light covering of snow here and -2deg. at the moment with more snow forecast for later... that'll be nice...

Main job for today after walking the dogs will be just keeping warm and baking a batch of mince pies, nothing better than pastry on a cold day or, thinking about it, any day for that matter....

Have a good day everyone and hey, let's be careful out there...
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:05 AM

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Good morning,

Mince pies sound nice Barry

-12°c here. It's not far off the coldest temperature I've ever been in.

Keep warm all.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:38 AM

Good Morning everyone,

We have snow here too, but not a lot. It is very cold though. Have just put leeks, onions, garlic and potatoes on to cook ready for making soup. Fancy swapping a bowl of soup for a couple of mince pies, Barry?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:43 AM

A thin layer of snow here in East Yorkshire which began falling much later than predicted and (only) -1°.
Thanking myself lucky it's not as cold as where Kev60 is!

Just thinking about my grandson who has never seen snow before. At least it's great for kids.

Have a nice day all and keep warm
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:56 AM

Morning all, another day waking up to snow on the ground, looks like its fresh though. Got to go out at 7.30am to do my weekly shopping.

Have a fun day today all.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:58 AM

Morning folks -3 here in Essex with a light covering of snow which fell last night before I went to bed.Imagine my delight at not having to scrape the windscreen,the wipers easily cleared it.Now this I can handle cold temps a wee bit of snow and no frost whatsoever.
Now to settle down to a nice hot n spicy cuppa soup.

Beast From The East..
What a joke that headline is by the weathermen anything to alarm and warrant the high costs of weather saterlites and their jobs.
Has a kid it was nothing to walk miles to school in 3 and 4 foot deep snow.
But them where the times we weren't spoilt were we, and the roads weren't full of idiots in 4 x 4s speeding everywhere.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Holly tried to chase the snow yesterday as it blew along the pavements.

Today it is dry, thankfully.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:06 AM

Good morning all.
I was going to my aqua fit this afternoon but we have snow & I don't fancy getting the car out - there could well be some slippery patches.

Think I'll go on the bus. Nothing else planned.

Have a good day all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Good morning all

-2 here this morning which is nothing unusual. A light frost only. The weird thing is there's not a hint of wind, all the wind turbines are still

I'm loving the ideas for keeping warm, can't beat a bit of kitchen therapy . I'm thinking of making a pie and some sausage rolls for the lunch boxes this week as I've a lot of reduced puff pastry to use up

Have to pop into town a while, get some petrol and coal. We usually order the coal in but he doesn't come till Thursday and if the forcast is right, he won't be getting over the mountain to us. Last time we had snow this late we had 4 foot of it, with drifts higher then cars and the mountain was impassable for a week or so

Wherever you are , keep warm and safe. If you have the snow and aren't used to driving in it, then don't, it's not worth the risk

Stay safe everyone x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning all, a light covering of snow here and -2deg. at the moment with more snow forecast for later... that'll be nice...

Main job for today after walking the dogs will be just keeping warm and baking a batch of mince pies, nothing better than pastry on a cold day or, thinking about it, any day for that matter....

Have a good day everyone and hey, let's be careful out there...
Barry good morning you have just scuppered my plans not to eat anything fattening today I wanna a mince pie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top