Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Lazy Saturday

Good morning everyone

A day for wandering around the house looking for something to do that can be left until another day. Yep! a lazy day ahead so I may just play around on the computer.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget who needs to know hopw you feel about them. Tomorrow it could be to late.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 08:57 AM

Re: Lazy Saturday

Better Half is pruning today so I'm on shredding and bagging detail. We normally shred and compost but this stuff (Portuguese Laurel) apparently has cyanide in the leaves and berries! Looks like being a full suit up job.....

I'll be cooking cheese omelette for lunch with a few chips and a green salad, prior to walking Fido and then collapsing with a book for a few hours before teatime.

Have a great day yourselves...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Planning, planning & more planning. I'm beginning the planning for my big vacation adventure in July. I found somebody who went on this exact trip & posted a report with lots of photos so I'm getting a feel for the fun I'm going to have. Boy I'm excited!

Back to earth I need to do some grocery shopping today as I'm out of a lot of things. I have a bowl of fresh (yesterday) salad that was really good in the fridge for lunch today. I'm still on that low carb diet to drop weight and my blood sugar levels. In two weeks I've gone from a blood sugar reading of 180 to 130 so it's certainly working. I've dropped a few inches but only a few pounds so far. I'm happy with any weight loss as it helps the blood pressure go down.

Other than that it's another boring Saturday. My best friend must work so I'm left to struggle along watching it rain. Have a great day all & don't eat the yellow snow!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Greetings OFF'ers!

It will be the garden for me this afternoon as it's a glorious day here, not a cloud to be seen. Cassie cat is beginning to spend more time sunning herself outdoors, a good sign that Spring is just around the corner...

Bob, so pleased that you're enjoying your vacation planning, it will soon come round before you know it!

AB, I hope your lazy day doesn't prove too tiring!

Barry, good luck with the pruning .... sounds like all-in-one covering is called for!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Good Day to all, I said good Morning earlier but forgot to press the Submit Reply button, sorry about that. I'm not back to normal after my hectic week over the water. Enjoy your weekend Folks.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Evening all - today was spent walking this morning, after dinner weekly shop at supermarket, then spent couple of hours in pleasant sunshine, in the garden. Have been 'terrorised' by frogs for the past two days-well, 2 frogs actually! These are another of God's creatures which I do not like! Was getting paranoid about them! My friend kindly moved them away from my garden to the top of the playing fields behind me-just hoping the little blighters don't come back!

After that little job, went walking round the reservoirs with my friend...lovely to see all the buds appearing on the trees, and in some cases, beginning to open....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top