Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:32 AM

Lot of folk around for a Sunday night into Monday morning.

Normally, being a night worker and starting the week at Sunday 10pm, the forum tends to retire well before midnight. Apart from a few insomniac stragglers, I hear nothing until the early hours when the likes of Surfermom and our American cousins rise, or one or two Aussies appear in the middle of their day. Or Barry usually) begins the new day for you all.

Bizarrely, every man and his dog are here tonight to keep me company while I toil away at my tedium of a job.

Hope you're all well and please return tomorrow, er, tonight.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:35 AM

Re: Lot of folk around for a Sunday night into Monday morning.

Well I don't mean to be anti-social or anything Floydy but truly I hope i am sleeping....here because I can't sleep...off to try again now though
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well I don't mean to be anti-social or anything Floydy but truly I hope i am sleeping....here because I can't sleep...off to try again now though
Sorry Summer, hope you turned off your phone so you don't get a notification beep from this
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:03 AM

My off hours explain why I am a hit-and-run poster and can rarely respond in a timely fashion when a thread is off to a good clip.

It's kind of awkward really. I'm forever adding something when the joke is over and the train has left the station.

My persona here is essentially a reincarnation of my junior high school self - braces, under-developed, gawky, nerdy....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-02-2018, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
My off hours explain why I am a hit-and-run poster and can rarely respond in a timely fashion when a thread is off to a good clip.

It's kind of awkward really. I'm forever adding something when the joke is over and the train has left the station.

My persona here is essentially a reincarnation of my junior high school self - braces, under-developed, gawky, nerdy....
In a fashion, I'm on a similar tangent to you with this, Surfermom.
I get little time during the day when most threads are busy in the mornings with the conversation of various topics. I really don't know how some members can keep up with umpteen threads at once, posting to and fro with other members in consecutive posts. I usually end up posting my answer to the initial post, while the thread is at a stage where people have slipped into "random chat mode". Still, there's no time limit I guess!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:15 AM

I’ve been awake for a couple of hours now, couldn’t sleep due to a painful arm. Got up, put my arm brace on and made a most welcome cup of tea

Going back to bed now to see if I can get an hours sleep as we are supposed to be going into town today.

Not long for your shift to end now Floydy...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:35 AM

Generally, anything after nine and I'll be in bed so don't catch up 'til early the next morning or day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:45 AM

If I get up early, I tend to put the Telly on, not the Computer, I put the News on, cos if there is some Brexit stuff on, I soon drop off again.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Brexit, Telly, News - that's not my idea of a good time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 08:03 AM

It's better than a Sleeping Pill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top