Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:18 PM

Can You Think Of Something, Someone Said To You, That Will Stay In Your Mind Forever?

I remember when my son first went out to work and we told him, he’d have to start paying for his keep.
His answer was, ‘Why did you go and have kids, just to take money off them’!

When l once asked my estranged father to pay for a trip l was going on with college, he quibbled about it.
Years on, he said, he never forgot that l told him that, it was his duty to pay for me!!

Is their something, your children or someone else has said, that will stay in your head forever?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:20 PM

Re: Can You Think Of Something, Someone Said To You, That Will Stay In Your Mind Forever?

Yep,my dad told me to stay out of betting shops,you'll go in with more than you'll ever come out with he said,I've never set foot in one.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:24 PM

Re: Can You Think Of Something, Someone Said To You, That Will Stay In Your Mind Forever?

On my first day as an apprentice the foreman told me "Keep your back bent and your mouth shut and you'll be alright sonny".

Best advice I ever had...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:37 PM

I can remember when my mum told me she didn't really know whether she had ever loved my dad.

A widow, she was about to marry her second husband.
I found that hard to believe and had to say to her .. you must have done. You had us 4 kids. You also had a man who sadly was very ill for a longtime who you had to nurse .. the romance might have lost its flame as you had it tough together.
I'm still not sure to this day if I was trying to convince her ..or myself, for I admit I was a little shocked and dismayed to hear her say it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:38 PM

When she said 'Yes'.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:46 PM

I discovered at age 14yrs that I was one of twins - asked mother why no-one had told me before - her answer - 'because the wrong twin died'!

A life changing moment !!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:53 PM

A guy once said to me, as I held a shotgun up and pointed "Please, please don't shoot....I beg you" his begging fell on deaf ears as I gently squeezed the trigger....Boom, boom......that stuck with me for life, the guilt eats away at me.

Not a day goes by that I don't see his face and hear his words.

I've never shot another pheasant since.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I discovered at age 14yrs that I was one of twins - asked mother why no-one had told me before - her answer - 'because the wrong twin died'!

That's profound.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Oh Tabs, come here petal . . x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's profound.
It strengthened my back bone, Ffosse, that is for sure.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh Tabs, come here petal . . x
Thank you, Mups !!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top