Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:11 AM

Can The Older Generation, Learn From The Younger Generation?

Do you think that us older ones, can learn from the younger ones? Or, with our experience, do you feel we know more than or better than them?

For myself, younger people have taught me to be more tolerant and accepting of people and cultures that maybe, l was ignorant about before. My views are not as fixed as they were before.

Younger people have taught me that the world is a smaller place. They think nothing of just going off somewhere, to obscure places in the the world, via working, backpacking or just holidaying.

There are other things, l feel I have learned from the younger generation but instead, I will ask you for your views!

Can the older generation, learn from the younger generation?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Can The Older Generation, Learn From The Younger Generation?

Absolutely they can teach us a lot, but we can teach them too. For me it's an exchange of knowledge.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:14 AM

For sure we can learn from them I learnt how to use my iPhone from my 5 year old grandson
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
For sure we can learn from them I learnt how to use my iPhone from my 5 year old grandson
Ha Ha! summer. I forgot about things like that! My children taught me how to use the remote control, once l had wrenched it out of my husband’s hand!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Absolutely they can teach us a lot, but we can teach them too. For me it's an exchange of knowledge.
Yes, Julie, it can be a two way thing... but who knows better?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:23 AM

One thing I really love about the younger generation Art is their enthusiasm their zest for life and as you say the world is their oyster. Oh gosh to be young again
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
One thing I really love about the younger generation Art is their enthusiasm their zest for life and as you say the world is their oyster. Oh gosh to be young again
summer, That is so true, they do have a zest for life and l don’t think they worry as much as we do!

I also think they are more ambitious than we were. They go for things that maybe our generation may have been more cautious about.

Someone on the forum, once posted that, it’s the younger people’s world now. I wonder if they are right?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:55 AM

it was the young peoples world back in the 60s,each generation has its own motivation............

as for learning from the young,,depends,they still need older people to teach them a trade.and take them through school,uni etc
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:20 PM

I think it works both ways. Sometimes I applaud young people - people like Billy Monger who lost both legs in a racing accident but still races, we could all learn from his positivity

Then I see children who are dragged out into the freezing cold weather with no coat. Their mums and dads could do with a lesson in parenting.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, Julie, it can be a two way thing... but who knows better?
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it works both ways. Sometimes I applaud young people - people like Billy Monger who lost both legs in a racing accident but still races, we could all learn from his positivity

Then I see children who are dragged out into the freezing cold weather with no coat. Their mums and dads could do with a lesson in parenting.
Its not a competition...nobody knows better.

Its a two way thing as Long says, each generation can learn from the other.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top