Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:45 PM

Don’t Laugh...But Do Some Fabrics Make Your Legs And Cheeks Tickle?

Be serious now and tell me, if some fabrics make the skin on your legs and cheeks tickle and be itchy?

For Christmas one of my daughters bought me two pairs of those lounging pants/ pyjama bottoms. They were lovely and they had pockets in them too!

Well, they were lovely until l tried to get off to sleep! They just tickled and tickled and l couldn’t sleep! I found some spots on my legs too!

I still had the receipt, so l took them back to Primark, blaming them for selling cheap, inferior goods.

I then decided, l would buy some more. So yesterday, l visited House Of Fraser and purchased some that were £25...reduced to £9! Guess what? These tickle a bit too!
Both pants were made of Viscose and Elastane.

So l ask, do you find some fabrics tickle you? Even, cause Hives?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Re: Don’t Laugh...But Do Some Fabrics Make Your Legs And Cheeks Tickle?

Yes Art the same as you, although the static electricity made them strange.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:49 PM

I can't cope with angora wool, it makes me itch and sheds everywhere too...
I don't like any man made fibers either, I stick to natural fibers when possible.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:51 PM

My ex-husband and 2 out of 3 of my kids are overly sensitive to wool.

I think I'm ok, can't remember any fabrics that I react to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Natural wool really causes me problems so I try to knit on acrylic yarns to avoid the red itchy hands. I can only tolerate eye lash wools in scarves etc for a short time, they make me sneeze.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:08 PM

I had never had a problem with my skin being sensitive until I was diagnosed with Diabetes. I do have a problem with natural wool, especially angora now and it gives me such itchiness...that it's often unbearable. I prefer cotton when it comes to night wear...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Like new sheets, it's better to wash pyjamas and suchlike before wearing them. Perhaps your rash was caused by the dyes in the jammies leeching out while you slept?

Some time ago, I treated myself to a new duvet cover and matching pillowslips. The next day, people started commenting on the fact that I had pink hair - it was caused by some of the red colour of the pillowslips.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Like new sheets, it's better to wash pyjamas and suchlike before wearing them. Perhaps your rash was caused by the dyes in the jammies leeching out while you slept?

Some time ago, I treated myself to a new duvet cover and matching pillowslips. The next day, people started commenting on the fact that I had pink hair - it was caused by some of the red colour of the pillowslips.
I had some red pillowcases and the colour stained the pillow protectors. At least they didn't turn my hair pink
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

This is true, whether the dye comes out or not.
I wash everything new before I wear it - bedding and clothes - as I was told materials contain factory chemicals.
Some labels actually say "Wash before wear."

We are so surrounded by chemicals in our everyday life now, especially in cleaning fluids, washing products, and even some treated clothing.
Have a quick look at this:

The risks to humans and the environment

Some chemical substances do not degrade but accumulate in the bodies of human beings and animals. Some chemical substances are harmful in that they give rise to problems such as allergies. Researchers have found over 300 substances in human blood samples and breast milk, some of which can interfere with the hormone system or nervous system.

Children and young people are more sensitive to chemicals than are adults. This is partly because their bodies, including the brain, hormone system and immune system, are not fully developed. This may mean life-long consequences if damage occurs during childhood.

Chemical products can be acutely toxic, which means they may cause damage such as corrosive injuries straight away. They may also harm the environment. A chemical substance contained in an article can be absorbed by human skin, accumulate in the dust we inhale, or end up in the natural environment. A large amount of articles also results in a large amount of waste materials, which can in turn leach hazardous substances. We can be indirectly affected by substances which leach into the natural environment, spread further into the soil and water and then into vegetables and fish, and end up on our dinner table.

Frightening stuff ey.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:28 PM

I too wash almost everything before Iwear or sleep on anything at all. I only wear cotton knickers, synthetic make me itch and are very uncomfortable. All bedding, towels and many other things are washed too. I never buy wool garments either too itchy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top